Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
dschoemaker
Reading Fool
dschoemaker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, 2x Nook Color, NST, IPad 1 & 3
Amazon opens its app store

Saw this morning that Amazon opened its app store. Went to Amazon.com and pulled up Appstore for Android on the Seach Department.

Angry Birds Rio is available for Free today.

Not much there, oddly enough Evernote appears, which I could not get on Android Market Place to show up.

Still no scrabble..

Glad to see Amazon get in the game... more the merrier.
dschoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Interesting. I gave it a try and it seems to be decent. AT&T folks are out of luck for now, but apparently they're working on it...

Quote:
If you have an AT&T phone or tablet, you currently can't install the Amazon Appstore or purchase apps from it. AT&T is working to allow customers to install the Amazon Appstore and purchase apps from it. To sign up to be notified by AT&T when you are able to install the Amazon Appstore on AT&T phones and tablets, visit the AT&T website. http://www.appstoreaccess.com/

Apparently there will be a different paid app offered for free each day, for how long I don't know.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Interesting. I gave it a try and it seems to be decent. AT&T folks are out of luck for now, but apparently they're working on it...

Apparently there will be a different paid app offered for free each day, for how long I don't know.
I'm sure they will offer a free app everyday that is 99c or less
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
I wonder how many will use this over the Android Market? I plan on sticking to the market but Amazon says it will have a free app every day and there might be exclusives like the paid version of Angry Birds which is ad free. I don't think anyone else has that yet.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
HoneyWitSpice
Tech in training......
HoneyWitSpice began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
OK, I was having problems getting the Amazon App Store on my rooted nook. And yes, I read thru the threads for tips on how to do it here but it just wasn't working for me. So, I keep searching and lo and behold, here's what worked for me, courtesy of Andriod Central:

1. Go to App drawer, open "Nook Color Tools" (should have been installed via autonooter)
2. Uncheck "allow Non-Market Apps"
3. Check it again
4. Come out of "Nook Color Tools" and reboot the device

Now try installing "Amazon app Store" thru Astro, or any other similar program and follow the on screen directions.

It worked for me, hope this helps someone else!
HoneyWitSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I got the Appstore apk downloaded and installed very quickly, without having to do anything complicated like the post above, but being in Australia, even with a proxy IP that showed I was in Chicago, I was unable to get the RIO AB apk due to geographic restrictions. Which means that US people travelling overseas wont be able to download these apps either. I did eventually get the RIO AB app but had to go into dark places to get it.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariel9898 View Post
I wonder how many will use this over the Android Market? I plan on sticking to the market but Amazon says it will have a free app every day and there might be exclusives like the paid version of Angry Birds which is ad free. I don't think anyone else has that yet.
I'm using both, but I only download free apps. I have no interest in paid content.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWitSpice View Post
OK, I was having problems getting the Amazon App Store on my rooted nook. And yes, I read thru the threads for tips on how to do it here but it just wasn't working for me. So, I keep searching and lo and behold, here's what worked for me, courtesy of Andriod Central:

1. Go to App drawer, open "Nook Color Tools" (should have been installed via autonooter)
2. Uncheck "allow Non-Market Apps"
3. Check it again
4. Come out of "Nook Color Tools" and reboot the device

Now try installing "Amazon app Store" thru Astro, or any other similar program and follow the on screen directions.

It worked for me, hope this helps someone else!
I had to do the check, uncheck thing also to get it to work.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
robert23
robert23 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I was able to install the app store using adb, but needed to do the uncheck/check routine before I could use it to install anything.
robert23 is offline   Reply With Quote