Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #1
bhbloom
bhbloom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Drobo NAS and Linux

I am attempting to use a Raspberry Pi to run Calibre-server and access calibre libraries stored on a Drobo on the local network.
I mounted the drobo on the Pi
MAKE MOUNT DIRECTORY ON Pi
mkdir drobomnt
sudo mount //192.168.0.9/public /drobomnt
I can then see all the files on the Drobo.

When I run
calibre-server --with-library /drobomnt/CalLibtest --port 8081 &

it comes up with this error
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibre-server", line 19, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/main.py", line 118, in main
db = LibraryDatabase2(opts.with_library)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/database2.py", line 221, in __init__
self.initialize_dynamic()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/database2.py", line 334, in initialize_dynamic
'UPDATE authors SET sort=author_to_author_sort(name) WHERE sort IS NULL')
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 314, in run
raise DatabaseException(*res)
calibre.library.sqlite.DatabaseException: attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 271, in run
ok, res = True, bfunc(*args, **kwargs)
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

[1]+ Exit 1 calibre-server --with-library /drobomnt/CalLibtest --port 8081

However, I can run the server when the files are directly attached to the Pi.
(apart from a library which has 17000 entries)

It is , I think, a problem with the Drobo.

Anyone got any ideas?

Basil
bhbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Calibre doesn't support networked filesystems, only local. It still may work in some cases, with some networked filesystems. I have had success with NFS, but not with CIFS and SMB.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
bhbloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Calibre doesn't support networked filesystems, only local. It still may work in some cases, with some networked filesystems. I have had success with NFS, but not with CIFS and SMB.
Thanks.

I read that but do not really understand it.
Calibre and calibre-server on my PC both can access the Drobo on the network.

I am not familiar with the NFS,CIFS and SMB differences so I guess I need to do some reading.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
I'm running CIFS on my Synology and haven't had any issues (yet?). A database check comes up clean, including the match between the DB and the files on disk.

But I am the only user, which probably makes a difference.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
bhbloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I'm running CIFS on my Synology and haven't had any issues (yet?). A database check comes up clean, including the match between the DB and the files on disk.

But I am the only user, which probably makes a difference.
I managed to solve it with a lot of help from another forum.

I had to include some more parameters in the mount command

sudo mount //192.168.0.9/calibre /drobomnt -o file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,nobrl,username=XXXXX, password=XXXXX

The critical one was NOBRL.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Make sure you have a good backup system so you don't loose any important data if the database becomes corrupt or you loose sync between the books and the database. But that should always be the case, not only when running calibre on a networked filesystem...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #7
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Make sure you have a good backup system so you don't loose any important data if the database becomes corrupt or you loose sync between the books and the database. But that should always be the case, not only when running calibre on a networked filesystem...
Quite so. I have two other copies of my library, one on an USB stick that's on my keychain and goes with with me everywhere
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cifs, synology