Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #106
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Part of a very nice review that you can see on Boomerang's Barnes and Noble page:

It's a book version of an extremely successful Coen brothers movie: quirky, funny in unexpected places, and more than a few twists and turns before you reach the end. The story is told from many opposing viewpoints, but it unfolds easily; just start reading it and let it do the work...There are no wasted words, and no fluffy padding of any kind.

And the coupon on Smashwords is still good. Use MN64D and get Boomerang for just $0.99.

Best,
Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #107
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No record for now

I had been going for a personal record when it came to days without a sale (at least at the places where one can keep track of such things), but that all got blown away yesterday at both Smashwords and Barnes and Noble so I'll have to pursue that lofty goal at some later time.

If you would like to be part of that new recordbreaking effort, please do not purchase Boomerang until further notice. If you take pleasure in spoiling such efforts, the coupon is still good and you might as well save a buck.

MN64D on Smashwords.

Have a great week.

Alan
Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #108
plumboz
Novelist

No way for me to know, of course, but just in case any or all of the folks who have just today gotten their copies of Boomerang from Amazon, may I say Thank You and I hope you enjoy.

Best,
Alan
Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #109
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Ya know, I think I might win any no-sales competition you run for Amazon... I'm SO much better at not getting sales there than you are
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 AM   #110
plumboz
Novelist

Amazon no sales marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Ya know, I think I might win any no-sales competition you run for Amazon... I'm SO much better at not getting sales there than you are
Shall we turn it into a true competitive event?

The only reason I even mentioned the sales was that it has been dormant there for so long they took me by surprise.

But between actual-factual sales (Thank you to all who parted with a dollar or two to encourage this middle-aged author) and the beyond-what-I-imagined-might-happen response to yesterday's special offer (remember, good karma comes your way if you read, like and pass the word!), June 9th turned into the best download day for Boomerang since its release.

Keep turning out those crowd pleasers, Naomi. One of these days you and I are going to be conducting booksignings in each other's countries.

Best,
Alan

Half price on Boomerang is still good. MN64D at Smashwords.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #111
plumboz
Novelist

It Was Too Much Fun Not To Do It Again

So here we go with one more coupon to get Boomerang for free at Smashwords.

Good through tomorrow, June 11, 2010.

LK38H is the code.

Thanks!
Alan
Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #112
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Shall we turn it into a true competitive event?
What - first one to make a sale has to call Oprah and cancel the interview?

Quote:
The only reason I even mentioned the sales was that it has been dormant there for so long they took me by surprise.

But between actual-factual sales (Thank you to all who parted with a dollar or two to encourage this middle-aged author) and the beyond-what-I-imagined-might-happen response to yesterday's special offer (remember, good karma comes your way if you read, like and pass the word!), June 9th turned into the best download day for Boomerang since its release.
Woohoo! See, that's a happy birthday

Quote:
Keep turning out those crowd pleasers, Naomi. One of these days you and I are going to be conducting booksignings in each other's countries.
*cheer!* Now there's a prediction I'll drink to!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #113
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
What - first one to make a sale has to call Oprah and cancel the interview?

Oh, I'd go on Oprah anyway, just to encourage people to support arts programs in public schools. I'm still hoping I can make some sort of decent contribution from writing to help with the needs of the band program at our local high school. When money gets tight the first programs to feel the pinch are the visual and performing arts. And it is the artists that keep the world from going completely mad, so we really need to keep the supply strong.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #114
plumboz
Novelist

Thank you to everyone who has added Boomerang to their library these past few days. I would love to hear how you like it.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #115
plumboz
Novelist

The half price coupon code of MN64D at Smashwords is still good. If you've already gotten your copy, thanks! Please feel free to distribute the coupon info amongst your own social network.

Best,
Alan
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #116
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Well Alan as the Official Oz fan club, Wendie and I can highly recommend Boomerang as one FANTASTIC book,

and we can't wait for Oz to get his own book, to those yet to read Boomerang Oz is a Dog Character in the book !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #117
plumboz
Novelist

Kevin,

Thank you very much for those kind words. I have passed on your comment to Oz and he was delighted. I hope that The General in my WIP will not disappoint when it comes to canine characters.

Alan
Old 06-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #118
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Kevin,

Thank you very much for those kind words. I have passed on your comment to Oz and he was delighted. I hope that The General in my WIP will not disappoint when it comes to canine characters.

Alan
I'm sure the General will be great, and looking forward to more of your brilliant wit, and excedingly funny characters, I'll be first in the queue to buy the book
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #119
plumboz
Novelist

Update: June 18, 2010

Both Amazon and B&N have lowered the price on Boomerang to $1.59. And the regular price on Smashwords is now $0.99. No coupon required.

Latest review of Boomerang:

Review by: Nagaswami Venkatasubramanian on May. 23, 2010 : star star star star star
One of the best novels that I have read in recent times- suspenseful, witty and racy. I look forward to more such writings from Mr. Hutcheson.
N.Venkatasubramanian
Old 06-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #120
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks to all the MR members who have made Boomerang a part of your digital libraries. Stepping away from forums and promos to concentrate on current WIP.

Best,
Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 06-21-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: change text

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords