Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Asterra
Asterra began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
So no sleep or suspend? How about RESUME?

A couple of facts that hit a guy in the face the first 60 minutes he plays with the iLiad:

1: Turning the iLiad off means shutting it down.
2: Jumping to a particular spot in a particular book always takes literally minutes.

Combine the two, and we have the painfully obvious solution: saving one's place - during shutdown, for example - so they can come back to it the moment they turn the thing back on.

It's so obvious, that I'm not going to ask IF it's something one can do; I'm simply going to ask HOW one does it. What have I missed?

While I'm at it, I might also ask: Why does the iLiad only see my wireless network one time in twenty attempts, even when I'm standing two feet away from the antenna? Why does the network profile entry form start completely over once I've told it whether or not I'm using a proxy? And how can I delete a network profile if the directions in the manual (edit profile and delete name) don't work?
Asterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterra View Post
1: Turning the iLiad off means shutting it down.
2: Jumping to a particular spot in a particular book always takes literally minutes.

Combine the two, and we have the painfully obvious solution: saving one's place - during shutdown, for example - so they can come back to it the moment they turn the thing back on.
Have you tried the "last read document" start-up option?

I was under the impression that both ipdf and MobiPocket Reader remember your last read page, and (unlike FBReader) this works no matter how you exit the program.

I use FBReader almost exclusively on my iLiad, so I explicitly exit FBReader before turning it off. This ensures that the last read page is up to date, although it is updated every 30 seconds (or how ever often you want) anyway.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert