Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-08-2016, 02:39 AM   #2956
Gnostradamus
Gnostradamus began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
The Gnostic Notebook: On the Secrets of James and Thomas

FREE BOOK from JULY 8th to July 9th!

In Volume One, Lambert pulled back the veil on the secrets hidden within the fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm. Now he turns his attention to the Holy Gospels.

Using various texts from the Nag Hammadi library, including the Gospel of Thomas, Lambert identifies a list of seven key parables found within the Synoptic Gospels. According to the texts, the successful interpretation of these seven parables is enough to unlock the mysteries hidden within the teachings of Jesus.

"... my primary desire was to find a map, if you will, which would lead to the next section of the Synoptic Gospels we need to unlock. I look at these Gospels as a sort of literary puzzle box. The section where Jesus revealed that the parables were designed to conceal information as well as to transmit it to those he wished, this operates in a similar manner to a panel on the surface of this metaphorical puzzle box which can be slid into a new position, unlocking various other pieces of the puzzle in the process. And for a while it was working, there was a thread to follow from reference to reference. Eventually, however, we ran out of leads. If only there was an external text which could provide us with a map of sorts so that we knew where exactly to look, or to return to my puzzle box metaphor, a map of the surface of the box indicating on which panels one should focus one's attention."

So that's the blurb (excuse me).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ANEEO0

And there's the link to the page on Amazon where you can go and read the blurb (excuse me again).

This book is like that puzzle box from the Clive Barker movie Hellraiser. Solve at your own risk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	book cover 2.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	150030  
Gnostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:08 AM   #2957
Kyle Connor
Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kyle Connor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That sounds like an interesting read. Will definitely go for it. But was just wondering, is this a little controversial? Like Dan Brown's?
Kyle Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:54 AM   #2958
Gnostradamus
Gnostradamus began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Connor View Post
That sounds like an interesting read. Will definitely go for it. But was just wondering, is this a little controversial? Like Dan Brown's?
Hello, Kyle!

It is great to hear from you. A very insightful question.

This particular volume is not especially controversial, though it depends on what you hold sacred, I suppose.

To some, the idea that there might be secret layers of meaning in the Gospels is itself a controversial claim to make.

For others, the suggestion that there were two forms of Gnosticism which were diametrically opposed to one another is a controversial claim.

In fact, the relationship between my work and Dan Brown's is quite similar to the relationship between these two forms of Gnosticism. I am not a fan of his work, but it was the book Holy Blood, Holy Grail that got me interested in Gnosticism, which is the same book that Dan Brown's wife read. She then explained it to Dan several times, using short, easy words and the rest, as they say, is history.

Still, though Holy Blood, Holy Grail was one of my influences, my research led me in a different direction. Eventually, I did find some rather controversial items, but I have saved most of them for the fourth volume.

Ok, so right now Volumes One and Two are FREE July 9th only!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TGC9OAA
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014ANEEO0

Last edited by Gnostradamus; 07-09-2016 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Added note about Volume One
Gnostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #2959
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

You made a post in this thread and now your post is gone?

Then more than likely you've violated our posting guidelines for self-promotion and your post has been deleted.

Posts are deleted for various reasons. Here are the most common reasons:

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Promoting before the sale event
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

You'll find the posting guidelines for self-promotion right here in this very forum. Here is the link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:54 AM   #2960
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
New Review of my book Dark Hours

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Hours-Si...illiams+kindle

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-14-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: full link required; shortened links not allowed.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #2961
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice

Then more than likely you've violated our posting guidelines for self-promotion and your post has been deleted.

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

You'll find the posting guidelines for self-promotion right here in this very forum. Here is the link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Old 08-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #2962
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Free through Friday

"Boomerang flies" says an Amazon reviewer. And right now, Boomerang for Kindle flies for free.

All the best,
Alan

https://www.amazon.com/Boomerang-ebo...5307243&sr=8-1
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #2963
KierstenFay
Author
KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!KierstenFay rocks like Gibraltar!

Read 4 Charity: Love & Grace Boxed Set

Hey all, looking for a bit of support / shoutouts for a charity boxed set of contemporary romance novellas called LOVE & GRACE. All proceeds go to Gracepoint School for Dyslexic learning.

Available now for pre-order! 99c limited time!

To learn more, or to find the buy links, check our our Facebook event (link below) and please donate a post or comment to this wonderful cause. #LoveAndGrace

https://www.facebook.com/events/1793812920838778/

A little back story: The state of Georgia doesn’t recognize Dyslexia as a learning disorder, and a lot of kids’ educations are being neglected as a result, so Gracepoint was founded to fill a need for parents and students who are struggling with dyslexia. I myself have a sibling and friends with dyslexia and remember how difficult school was for them. Schools like Gracepoing fill a very basic educational need that other school are unable to.

Thanks so much!
Kiersten
KierstenFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #2964
Bannon1975
Bannon1975 began at the beginning.

International best seller for $0.99 on Kobo

Hi guys,

I'm the author of The Viking's Apprentice series, which is an international best selling adventure series on Amazon with over 40,000 downloads. I recently released the series on other platforms and Kobo are doing a special with the first book for $0.99 until September the 15th.

23 number 1's for the first book alone on Amazon UK US and Canada.

Click the link and join the adventure today.

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/eb...s-apprentice-1
Bannon1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:37 AM   #2965
JohnEConley
JohnEConley began at the beginning.

NEW Lord Charles Stewart mystery!

FREE 9/11-9/12

Does the mind of a mentally ill teenage girl hold the key to the murder of an English seaside village's most despised resident? The second book in the Lord Charles Stewart series is now available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/People-Say-Im...ent#nav-subnav

Last edited by JohnEConley; 09-11-2016 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Price change
JohnEConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #2966
SciFiWriter
SciFi-natic
SciFiWriter began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab 4 7"
Nexus of Fates by Bill Parker

I really thought I posted this novel here, but now I cannot find it. So, I guess I will try again. I will leave off the cover image as that always seems to generate a problem. I have also left off the link to the paperback so that does not create an issue.

Five Moons: Nexus of Fates by Bill Parker

“We come in peace,” they told us when we first encountered humans. In peace, indeed, they came, but evil followed after them in their jump wakes like a foul stench. It all started out with the best of intentions, but in the end, I had the blood of four innocents on my hands. Across the vastness of space, that vile Clay of Earth did drag five nameless moons to destroy them. They flew an unmarked ship into Union Fleet space docks and marked the ship for destruction to hide the evil they had done.

At the very gates of hell, in that vast sea of despair embroiled in the wake of chaos did I find hope – a single Leaf in the Wind – Dallas Blake. In our darkest hour, did Dallas Blake first step foot upon the decks of the Five Moons and change everything. He didn’t know that the ship was never meant for sale. He only knew that this ship was nothing he expected but everything he needed, so he bought it. He knew nothing of the evil that was done. Even so, he found the crew that evil men thought were lost and gone forever. And save the Five Moons? To use his own words: Damned straight he did.

Dallas Blake and the crew of the Five Moons went where they were needed because making a difference started with them. They fought pirates and battled Mercs in deep space. Each life they saved added to the Nexus of Fates that the Five Moons had become. When people had nowhere else to turn, they knew where to find Dallas Blake and the crew of the Five Moons – at the Pig and Whistle on Panara-5.

But the Five Moons had become more than just the Nexus of Fates. It had become Evil’s worst nightmare. So Evil set in motion his grand plan. It was more than just a plan; it was a masterpiece of evil. Dallas Blake may have been a warrior without equal, and the Five Moons a ship like no other, but this time dark forces hunted them. They were seriously in over their heads. Despite their best efforts, like the gears of a clockwork angel of death, Evil’s plan moved relentlessly toward its inevitable conclusion.

Leaf in the Wind found beauty in the light of four moons and set them free, but he didn’t find me. Only my Leaf in the Wind can do what it takes to set me free. Unless he does, none of us will survive. I am the fifth moon.

Five Moons: Nexus of Fates Copyright © 2016 by Bill Parker

Like us on Facebook

Released July 20, 2016 by Double Dragon Publishing

The eBook is Available now on Amazon.com

The eBook is also available at Kobo

[Edited for length - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.
SciFiWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #2967
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thumbs up Free Borrows (Kindle Unlimited/Prime) + Golf

Last edited by DreamWriter; 06-30-2017 at 02:48 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #2968
AndrewMowere
Connoisseur
AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After looking for a while, it seems okay to promote yourself here even if you have a thread doing something similar. I apologize in advance if I am mistaken. Here's the book, which you can get free on smashwords with coupon LF88E for the next ten days aka 27th of december

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/598727

If you dislike money, here's an amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Life-An...The+Final+Life

Name: The Final Life
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Length: 100 k words
Rating score: 4.25 from 6 reviewers
Focus: Magic and social systems, action.
Weakness: Romance. There's little in there.
blurb: When young Glint reaches the essential success and awakens to the energies present within him, he looks forward to a place for him in the warrior’s guild Quicksilver. This aspiration is cut short by a blade of blood, and his life is turned upside down. Little does he know that this same misfortune would put him in the path of adventure beyond his wildest reckoning, as well a fateful encounter with an eccentric necromancer.

Azrael stands at the height of the men of power in the world. The way he’s going, it’s entirely possible he’ll ascend and become an unchained after his death, in a few hundred year’s time. Or at least, that is how it used to be. That same man now roams the continents, vengeful and afraid. That is when he meets a young warrior, fleeing his guilt over a murder he committed.

I hope you take the time to check the book out. No harm in getting a free thing.
AndrewMowere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #2969
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Moderator Notice

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

Old 09-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #2970
SciFiWriter
SciFi-natic
SciFiWriter began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab 4 7"
Five Moons: Revolution by Bill Parker

Five Moons: Revolution by Bill Parker

In the beginning, evil humans conspired to destroy the Five Moons and kill its crew to hide the evil they had done, but I refused to give up. I would fight them to the end! In our darkest hour, indeed at the very gates of Hell, did my father find a single leaf in the wind, Dallas Blake. My father found Dallas Blake, but I chose him to save my ship.
Dallas Blake set foot upon the decks of the Five Moons and changed everything. He not only saved my ship, but he found the crew that evil men thought was lost and gone forever. He made all the difference. He set me free. All that seems so long ago now.
My own people, Anoza not humans, came in the night to kill me. They came to kill my unborn child. They came to finish an ancient evil that filled their hearts. Only Dallas Blake, wounded and bleeding, stood against them, but he did. It was all that we could do just to fight for our very lives, but that would not be the end of it. Our time-space ring made us vulnerable, and now they know where to find us.
My people are almost a million years older than humans. We Anoza had put evil behind us long ago… or so we thought. For one Anoza to raise a hand in anger against another Anoza is unthinkable, so none of this made any sense at all. Then we discovered that the evil ones had kidnaped my father! How much worse could this get?
It was about to get a lot worse. To rescue my father, the Five Moons would be pitted against unknown forces with quantum technology a million years more advanced. But unknown forces would not be the Five Moons’ only problem. There was a Merc rebellion brewing out beyond the Seven Pillars. It was led by Dallas’ arch nemesis, Sarsen Tabbot. A whole civil war was out there boiling over right where the Five Moons needed to go. Even worse, to rescue my father we would have to cross the Great Rift into Anoza space.
But the Five Moons is more than just a starship. It is the Nexus of Fates, and it seems to have a mind of its own. As I think about it now, the Five Moons chose me for my indomitable spirit. The Five Moons chose Dallas Blake for his warrior’s spirit. The Five Moons had chosen each member of the crew for a reason, and it was not done yet. There is one more left to choose. The Five Moons last choice could blow this whole thing wide open.

This novel can be found at Amazon.com
SciFiWriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo