Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #196
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
What happened to WT Sharpe's post that was here?

It discussed murg's post with a view to identifying sarcasm and winking .....

(It came in my emails, and I read it here, so where is it?)

Copied from my email for clarity as to what I'm referring to:
-----------------------------------
Quote:
[WTSharpe
---Quote (Originally by pdurrant)---
I think murg was joking.
---End Quote---

Perhaps he was. It's sometimes hard to detect sarcasm. The post does have a kind of a winking nature about it.
-------------------------------

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-02-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added the quote
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #197
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

This is more than 5 characters.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #198
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

Copied from my email for clarity as to what I'm referring to:
-----------------------------------

-------------------------------
I removed it. It didn't add anything to the conversation.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #199
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Amazon has William Styron: The Collected Novels, for only $16.19 which is a GREAT price for four important novels:

1)
Lie Down in Darkness
2) Set This House on Fire
3) The Confessions of Nat Turner
4) Sophie's Choice

William Styron is a great American writer and for about $4 each, this is a great investment in reading.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/William-Styron...llected+novels
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #200
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Amazon has William Styron: The Collected Novels, for only $16.19 which is a GREAT price for four important novels:

1)
Lie Down in Darkness
2) Set This House on Fire
3) The Confessions of Nat Turner
4) Sophie's Choice

William Styron is a great American writer and for about $4 each, this is a great investment in reading.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/William-Styron...llected+novels
Indeed.

In UK it's £26.87
http://www.amazon.co.uk/William-Styr...dp/B00CLVBADM/

And buying those books individually here seems to be £24.35
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #201
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I removed it. It didn't add anything to the conversation.
This criteria applies to at least 25% of the posts on MobileRead...

And at least 132% of my posts!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:32 AM   #202
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Mirabelle Bevan Mystery Collection by Sara Sheridan contains the first three books in Mirabelle Bevan series: Brighton Belle, London Calling and England Expects.

I've read all three of these and enjoyed them all.

It's 288 rupees in the Kobo India store, which is about $4.60 right now. It's couponable with some of the old coupons at the beginning of the Kobo sticky thread. The individual books are 108 rupees each (about $1.70), which is not bad either.

book info: Birlinn, March 2015
Imprint: Polygon
ISBN: 9780857908797

I think you have to be in the Kobo India store before you click the link for it to work.

link: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/eb...ery-collection
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #203
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
This thread has somewhat lost its purpose as high-value Kobo coupons are harder and harder to come by, and the coupons are more geo-restricted, but sometimes there are still some good collections or omnibuses out there.
Sufue this thread's time has come once again with the latest 'Refer' promo.

And as I look through it I'm buying a number of the bundles that you've posted. Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into posting.

And I definitely agree re searching by ISBN.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:04 AM   #204
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
The Old Kingdom Collection, by Garth Nix, including ther recent Clariel is now available.
ISBN-13: 9780062375889
This collection gathers all four titles in the popular series, including the long-awaited prequel, Clariel. Link to B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9780062375889

Sabriel: Since childhood, Sabriel has lived outside the walls of the Old Kingdom, away from the power of Free Magic, and away from the Dead who refuse to stay dead. But now her father, the Abhorsen, is missing, and Sabriel must cross into that world to find him. There she confronts an evil that threatens much more than her life and comes face-to-face with her own hidden destiny. . . .

Lirael: Lirael has never felt like a true daughter of the Clayr. She doesn't even have the Sight—the ability to see into possible futures—that is the very birthright of the Clayr. Nevertheless she must undertake a desperate mission under the growing shadow of an ancient evil—one that threatens to break the very boundary between Life and Death itself. With only her faithful companion, the Disreputable Dog, to help her, Lirael must find the courage to seek her own hidden destiny.

Abhorsen: The Abhorsen Sabriel and King Touchstone are missing, leaving only Lirael—newly come into her inheritance as the Abhorsen-in-Waiting—to stop the Destroyer. With only a vision from the Clayr to guide her, Lirael must search in both Life and Death for some means to defeat the evil destructor—before it is too late. . . .

Clariel: Clariel is the daughter of one of the most notable families in the Old Kingdom, with blood relations to the Abhorsen and, most important, to the King. She dreams of living a simple life but discovers this is hard to achieve when a dangerous creature is loose in the city and there is a plot brewing against the King. When Clariel is drawn into the efforts to find and capture the creature, she finds hidden sorcery within herself, yet it is magic that carries great dangers.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #205
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Two Rick Riordan bundles

Percy Jackson: The Complete Series
ISBN: 9780141352015
All five novels in the bestselling, blockbuster Percy Jackson series, collected in one stunning digital edition.
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher.
'Look, I didn't want to be a Half-Blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek God.'
Percy Jackson: The Complete Series includes all five novels in the action-packed, electrifying series from Rick Riordan: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympian.
Now I spend my time battling monsters and generally trying to stay alive.
Angry Gods. Cannibal Giants. Ancient Labyrinths. Untold Evils. It's not easy being a demigod.
Caution: the ebook shows as epub3 on kobo.

The Kane Chronicles: The Complete Series
ISBN: 9780141352039
The Kane Chronicles: The Complete Series includes all three novels in the bestselling, electrifying adventure series: The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire, and The Serpent's Shadow.

'I guess it started the night our dad blew up The British Museum...'
Carter and Sadie's dad is a brilliant Egyptologist with a secret plan that goes horribly wrong. They must embark on a terrifying quest from Cairo and Paris to the American South-west, and discover their family's connection to the House of Life.
The pharaohs of Ancient Egypt are far from dead and buried. And so, unfortunately, are their gods . . .
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #206
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Spotted in the Kobo US Store

The Clifton Chronicles, Books 1-4 by Jeffrey Archer
ISBN: 9781466888081
#1 New York Times and international bestselling author Jeffrey Archer's Clifton Chronicles series has taken the world by storm, with 2.5 million copies in print in English. This multi-generational, multi-volume saga of fate, fortune, and redemption follows the Clifton and Barrington families on a breathtaking journey from 1920 all the way through the present. Here together for the first time in an eBook bundle are the first four Clifton Chronicles novels:
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:41 AM   #207
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
Legacy: Arthurian Saga (Four book bundle of Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The Last Enchantment and The Wicked Day) by Mary Stewart is selling for 6.99 over at Amazon. Really high ratings on Goodreads and Amazon. I've read the first few chapters of the Crystal Cave, and can attest that they are good - very well written.

link to unauthorised edition deleted
I have checked with the publisher (Hodder & Stoughton), and this is an unauthorised omnibus. I do not recommend paying money to pirate publishers. (Note that the original poster obviously didn't know that this edition was unauthorised.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #208
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have checked with the publisher (Hodder & Stoughton), and this is an unauthorised omnibus. I do not recommend paying money to pirate publishers. (Note that the original poster obviously didn't know that this edition was unauthorised.)
What prompted you to check with the publisher? This is an omnibus that I would have considered purchasing; it wouldn't have occurred with me to investigate it after seeing it on Amazon.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #209
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
What prompted you to check with the publisher? This is an omnibus that I would have considered purchasing; it wouldn't have occurred with me to investigate it after seeing it on Amazon.
If I had seen it on Amazon, I would have gone checking for an ePub version and if there wasn't one, then I would have known it's not real as books like that do not have Kindle only versions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #210
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Smashwords is also selling the Mary Stewart books. I've reported this multiple times, please help by going to Smashwords and also reporting this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote