Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #16
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by plxadh View Post
Hi, new here and need advice. I am looking to get an ereader that I will use mostly for reading scientific papers (i.e. pdfs). It must be able to upload from PC and have a hierarchical file system (with many layers).

Ideal spec includes:
- downloading from password protected sites
- coping with enhanced pdf
- eInk

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Onyx M92 corresponds to your "must be able to" requirements. As far as ideal specs are concerned - it is a 10 inch eInk; regarding the password protected sites - I haven't tried it, but there is an additional app which allows you to download papers from your Google Drive account; and I don't know what you mean by enhanced pdf but if it is multicolumn - it has such a reading mode. If it is something that includes multimedia (video, etc.) - it can't view them, at least the multimedia content.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote