Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Kittybriton
Kittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: FBReader, Cool Reader and Aldiko (Android Tablet)
Who? what? how did that cat get in here?

There really is no excuse for not getting here sooner. But until recently it never occurred to me that I might be able to produce an ePub book myself. I've done some writing to PDF, but am trying to learn the quirks and nuances of ePub now.

My introduction to the ePub format was a result of discovering Cool Reader for my Android tablet, and people discussing e-book publication elsewhere.

So, my HTML is passable given a forgiving browser, but my knowledge of CSS would fill the back of a postage stamp. In large print. Anyone with enough patience will probably see quite a bit of me. On the forum. Not in pictures.Yes
Kittybriton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Hi Kittybriton and welcome to MobileRead. Cats are tolerated but monkeys are preferred

The experts here can format ebooks with their eyes closed, so just ask if you need any help.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kittybriton and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kittybriton.

You'll fit in nicely here........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Kitty and welcome. Good to see you here.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Kittybriton
Kittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: FBReader, Cool Reader and Aldiko (Android Tablet)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Cats are tolerated but monkeys are preferred
Is it true that you need an infinite number of them, all bashing away on typewriters?
Kittybriton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Hello Kittybriton. I already like what you described about yourself. I didn't think I would need to produce ePub either, so I'm also learning how to do it -- slowly. On the HTML side, I'm quite comfortable, though not fast.

Quote:
but my knowledge of CSS would fill the back of a postage stamp.
It's funny but hey, we all start from somewhere. Keep it up!
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, cool reader