Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
BongoBong
Enthusiast
BongoBong is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Any way to "go to page" with original kobo

So after a year plus hoping to see a go to page function added to the original kobo I think I may have to give up hope.

I was wondering if there is any workaround for this, like through calibre or something (didn't notice anything that would do this, but not that familiar with the ins and outs of it).

I may be getting a tablet soon and if I ever read on that instead I really do not want to have to page through manually on the kobo.
BongoBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you get a tablet, and read on a Kobo app using it, you really would benefit from having either the Kobo WiFi or the Touch. Both of those devices will be able to sync with the tablet via the Kobo servers so that you can move seamlessly between devices. Calibre doesn't do that sort of thing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBong View Post
So after a year plus hoping to see a go to page function added to the original kobo I think I may have to give up hope.

I was wondering if there is any workaround for this, like through calibre or something (didn't notice anything that would do this, but not that familiar with the ins and outs of it).

I may be getting a tablet soon and if I ever read on that instead I really do not want to have to page through manually on the kobo.
For books that you purchase from Kobo, I think that you can synch with the Kobo for PC software. So you can use that software to get you to right page and then synch.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote