Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
fictionaddiction
fictionaddiction began at the beginning.

Device: kobo with wifi
Getting Calibre library onto moonreader android app

I found my ip and folowed instructions but it keeps saying "timed out" when I try to add my Calibre library. What am I missing here?
I have an ASUS Transformer tablet running android
fictionaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Unfortunately, you can't use calibre to transfer books to the transformer. The transformer is not seen by Windows as a separate hard drive, and calibre can only transfer to devices seen as separate hard drives. But something that works for me is to use Dropbox. You install it on your PC and your transformer, and then copy your calibre library into the dropbox "drive" on your PC. The dropbox "drive" on your transformer will see anything you put in the pc "drive" and vice versa. My explanation is probably a little confusing, the dropbox website is much easier to understand. There's a link in my siggy, and if you use it, we both get some extra storage for free.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
fictionaddiction

Awesome! That works effortlessly and seamlessly to get books from Calibre to my stock reader on my Transformer!! Thanks so much! Hope you got your referral bonus! I got mine!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictionaddiction View Post
I found my ip and folowed instructions but it keeps saying "timed out" when I try to add my Calibre library. What am I missing here?
I have an ASUS Transformer tablet running android
You need to add the port to the IP address. I forget what calbre's default port is but you can find it where you setup the calibre server.

http://your.ip:PORT_NUM

http://192.168.1.1:8080

Moon + supports OPDS so you once you have this configured you can use the search tool in Moon to search through your calibre library.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
fictionaddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
You need to add the port to the IP address. I forget what calbre's default port is but you can find it where you setup the calibre server.

http://your.ip:PORT_NUM

http://192.168.1.1:8080

Moon + supports OPDS so you once you have this configured you can use the search tool in Moon to search through your calibre library.

=X=
It says to do that in the user manual/FAQ here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....d-phone-tablet which is what I followed with no success.
Thank you though!
Advert