Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #16
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Try it out and you shall see!
It has more of a GUI than the stock mp3 player: it displays the currently playing track and a progress bar. The developer is not much for showmanship.. you can read more about kinamp in the v0 thread he links to in the top post.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
Try it out and you shall see!
It has more of a GUI than the stock mp3 player: it displays the currently playing track and a progress bar. The developer is not much for showmanship.. you can read more about kinamp in the v0 thread he links to in the top post.
Great, but how do I install it? I have Windows 7...
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #18
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Read the threads Luke... read the threads....
In short, as with practically anything else on these boards, you need to jailbreak your Kindle first and then you need to set up launchpad. Go to the big "Comprehensive list ..." sticky to get started.

If you're still interested after getting that done, then start with the v0 thread. All the instructions are there.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
I have a problem with this app: Alt+h doesn't work. to stop I use the hotkey(^M S for me) again. (does it really stop?) . I copied mplayer from v0 and kmplayer from v2 to system folder and use commands on this

It doesn't remember the last point. Is there a way?

Thanks for the app

Last edited by thomass; 09-03-2011 at 12:49 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
ryran
Connoisseur

@thomass:
fbdev removed the Alt-h feature with the release of v1. If kinamp is running and you run it again with any arguments it shuts down mplayer and quits. (Yes it really quits. You could try running ps -C mplayer,kinamp from a terminal to confirm this.)

As for having a resume feature, a la the stock mp3 player, I wish for this as well. The closest I can come to that at the moment is running kaffeine (to disable the sleep feature) in concert with kinamp ... and just pausing kinamp/mplayer with Alt-L.
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Kinamp is really awesome, and as always, thanks for sharing.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
venkatesh20
venkatesh20 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2
Question issue with long file names

Hi,
I found that the kinamp crashes with long filenames, and in order to recover i have to reboot the kindle.
e.g kinamp crashes with the below file name

"12.3-SupportVectorMachines-MathematicsBehindLargeMarginClassificationOptional .mp3"

But it started working fine when i renamed the above file to

"12.3-SupportVectorMachines-Mathematics
Optional.mp3"

What is the maximum allowed length of the filename?

Cheers,
Venki
venkatesh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
mplayer can play video feeds in the myts-6 shell too.

Here is a local public service TV channel streaming video feed:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
### bpmn - play public service channel 12 for brooklyn park mn usa
mplayer http://a986.l2602438985.c26024.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/986/26024/v0001/reflector:38985 -quiet -framedrop -vo aa:reverse:contrast=50 -vf rotate=1 -monitoraspect 0.7  2>/dev/null
I ran this using mplayer from the "apt-get" debian repository. Launch the script from inside matan's myts-6 version of luigi's console shell.

There are hot-keys to adjust contrast, brightness, dithering-style, etc. -- just read mplayer docs online.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-22-2011 at 07:46 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
And here is the Music Box channel streaming video feed:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
### mbox - play Music Box video feed
mplayer mms://81.89.49.210/musicbox -quiet -framedrop -vo aa:reverse:contrast=50 -vf rotate=1 -monitoraspect 0.7 2>/dev/null

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-22-2011 at 07:41 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #25
fry@pocketbook
fry@pocketbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Hi,
I have copied the files to /mnt/us/system/ and create a kinamp.ini in launchpad folder.

Code:
[Actions]
M K = !/mnt/us/system/kinamp &
Nothing happend when I press shift m k, only the message success!
When I press alt+L, no music is playing.

I have already installed mplayer0.2.0, this is working fine but it is to loud and no gui.
Any idea?
fry@pocketbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #26
ryran
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry@pocketbook View Post
Code:
[Actions]
M K = !/mnt/us/system/kinamp &
Nothing happend when I press shift m k, only the message success!
When I press alt+L, no music is playing.
What do you want it to play? Your music folder? Some other folder? You have to tell it what to play.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #27
fry@pocketbook

I like to play all files in the music folder.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
ryran
Connoisseur

Well then, assuming you simply have a bunch of files in your music folder, you can replace the & (not necessary) with /mnt/us/music/*

Or if you have your music organized as albums: /mnt/us/music/*/*
Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #29
fry@pocketbook

I only get a message: Failure

Code:
[Actions]
M K = !/mnt/us/system/kinamp /mnt/us/music/*
Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #30
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
For those interested...

I ran across this thread a few days back and want to thank all of those who have contributed thus far.

And to that end, I thought I would share my .ini for kinamp. It includes several misc streaming shortcuts. Might be useful for some.

The first are ones to play (in order or shuffled) music files from your music directory.

The others are for streaming radio stations. I've included one file with ones that will no doubt work on the Kindle. And to give you some more streaming radio station ideas I've included a 'radiostations.txt' file with over 4000. Just test in mplayer (if you are running Linux) to see if they will work with mplayer.

Enjoy.

My shortcuts are as follows:

Code:
    Kinamp
        "[SHIFT][K]" - play/stop music files on loop (requires subfolders)
        "[SHIFT][K][S]" - play/stop music files on loop & shuffled (requires subfolders)
        "[SHIFT][K][K]" - play/stop music files on loop inside (no subfolders)
        "[SHIFT][K][K][S]" - play/stop music files on loop & shuffled (no subfolders)
        "[SHIFT][K][P]" - play/stop streaming radio stations randomly from playlist
	When running...
		"[ALT][DELETE]" - previous file
		"[ALT][J]" - next file
		"[ALT][K]" - fast forward
		"[ALT][L]" - play/pause
        "[SHIFT][K][P][A]" to "[SHIFT][K][R][F]" - play/stop streaming radio stations
Attached Files
File Type: txt kinamp_streams_playlist.txt (1.5 KB, 357 views)
File Type: txt radiostations.txt (349.7 KB, 33112 views)
File Type: zip kinamp.ini.zip (1.3 KB, 414 views)

Last edited by inameiname; 12-09-2011 at 06:24 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote