Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Pandigital Novel White is $60 at Kohl's.

Your local Kohl's has dropped the price to $60. It's OOS online.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Good gosh, that's a steal.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
ah, beat me to it! I dropped by the local Kohl's and picked one up. An amazing price.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
What department are they in? I might buy one to hack.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't think that there is one standard location that they're in. At the local store here they were in with the digital picture frames.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've seen them with the frames. I've seen them in the toy section. I've seen them in the men's dept. The store I bought them from this morning had them in lock up so you had to ask.

The people that scored were the ones that bought them a couple of weeks ago. They can go PM for the current price and end up getting them for $10 due to the $30 rebate and $20 Kohl's cash they had for this 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

No luck. They sent their leftover stock back because it was a seasonal item.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

They're still selling for $170 @ BB&B.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I went and picked one up a a local Kohl's during lunch. I am trying to update the firmware, but it appears the pandigital site that hosts them is down. No download available for the SD or through the USB.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I called around to 3 Kohls and 1 of them had 2 in stock, the other 2 stores were out. Open a Kohls charge and get another 10% off.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I called around to 3 Kohls and 1 of them had 2 in stock, the other 2 stores were out. Open a Kohls charge and get another 10% off.
You got ripped. It should be 15% if you open a Kohls CC.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I bought one again just for fun. It was the last one, and only $60.

I recommend doing the Roebeet Cruz UI hack, followed by the volume button hack, and then use Aldiko and Laputa to read.

I'm giving it to my son to encourage him to read more!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
sweet.
I bought mine back on black Friday for $100 and just called the store. I can return it and repurchase it immediately at the new price and get 40 dollars back.

I'm quite happy with mine as a reader using the latest firmware and a hack for Adobe X for PDFs. Really a nice little machine.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
wheatfree
wheatfree doesn't litterwheatfree doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel
I run Roebeet's Cruz UI. It's a great mod. Although, I'm not sure why you need the button hack because it already has the softbuttons and notification bar at the top of the screen.

I just want to caution everybody who's thinking about this. Please, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE, I'm begging you, do NOT install the unmodified Cruz firmware on this thing. If you want to hack it, go to the Pandigital forums on slatedroid. Start with the wiki and hack it by following the instructions you find there. I'm currently trying to help someone get the Cruz software off his, and he's not the only one to have problems with this. Most people just don't like it, but for some PDNs, it really is almost the kiss of death.
wheatfree is offline   Reply With Quote