Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
saytionne
saytionne began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Question ERROR: ... .png

FIX, SEE BELOW

Last edited by saytionne; 08-30-2010 at 09:21 PM.
saytionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
saytionne

NEW ERROR

I have a new error that I hope someone can help me with? I'm not exactly sure what it means?

"# ERROR: .epub/content.opf(12): attribute "file-as" from namespace "http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" not allowed at this point; ignored

# .epub/content.opf(14): date value '2010-09-01 00:00:00-04:00' is not valid, YYYY[-MM[-DD]] expected "

Last edited by saytionne; 08-30-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
You have to add the date in the OPF file:

<metadata>

<dc:language>en</dc:language>
<dc:date>2010</dc:date>

</metadata>

I know there are four lines there but the first and last lines are only to show you where:
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
As the error shows you, only the DATE is allowed, at least the year, optionally the month and day. I've made that mistake at least a couple of times.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
saytionne

Question SAME ISSES

OKAY! I am even closer now guys! The help worked great! So simple.

But, now my error from ThreePress is:

ERROR: SevenShifts.epub: OPF file content.opf is missing

BUT the content.opf IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by saytionne; 08-31-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The errors don't match the OPF fragment you have shown. There is no "file-as" and the date looks OK. Unzip the .epub you are trying to validate and check the content.opf file is what you expected...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
saytionne

This is what is confusing to me!

I have the file there, I don't know what the "file-as" should be.

I fixed the other issues, rezipped and got the error message.

"# ERROR: .epub/content.opf(12): attribute "file-as" from namespace "http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" not allowed at this point; ignored

I'm just not sure why its saying idpf.org/2007/opf is not allowed when on many websites (lulu, etc) I have used the sample structure for the ebook and built from there. I haven't changed anything that was stationary on the opf other than how the date is listed since it was causing an issue.

Could you please specify or refer me to a working opf file? This is just so confusing, since I have the opf file there? And there are NO discrepancies... well, apparently there is.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Can you post your opf file? Or at least the first 20 lines or so?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This OPF file works fine, if it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: opf content.opf (11.2 KB, 444 views)
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
# ERROR: .epub/content.opf(12): attribute "file-as" from namespace "http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" not allowed at this point; ignored
file-as is an option for the author entry, as in:
Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="MacDonald, George">George MacDonald</dc:creator>
That's taken from a book I made. I'm guessing the file-as you have is part of a meta entry where it's not allowed, or is not preceded by "opf:" as mine is above.
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #11
saytionne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
This OPF file works fine, if it helps.

Hi Jellyby! I am so appreciative for your help!

I think it may be a 'user malfunction.' I'm beyond frustrated and almost want to give up, what with being so close and not understanding what the issue could be.

Nonetheless, I tried building my content.opf based on yours and received the following message:

Quote:
ERROR: SevenShifts.epub: OPF file content.opf is missing
The ODD thing is that I have the content.opf inside of the OEBPS folder, so it IS there?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #12
saytionne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Can you post your opf file? Or at least the first 20 lines or so?

Toxaris, hi! Thanks for replying.

Here is my opf file...

Everything is fine, except for the metadata area, (I'm guessing).

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" unique-identifier="BookId">
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlnspf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
<dc:title>Book Title</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Myles-Smith, Tionne">Tionne Myles-Smith</dc:creator>
<dc:date opf:event="modification">2010-09-01</dc:date>
<dc:identifier id="BookId">tmSmith</dc:identifier>
<dc:contributor opf:role="bkp">tmSmith Graphic Design</dc:contributor>
<dcublisher>Publisher</dcublisher>
<dc:rights>Public Domain</dc:rights>
<dc:type>Text</dc:type>
<dc:subject>Subject</dc:subject>
<dc:description>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.</dc:description>
</metadata>
Let me know what I can do, if you see what the issue is?

Thanks again Toxaris!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by saytionne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saytionne View Post
Here is my opf file...

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" unique-identifier="BookId">
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
<dc:title>Book Title</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Myles-Smith, Tionne">Tionne Myles-Smith</dc:creator>
<dc:date opf:event="modification">2010-09-01</dc:date>
<dc:identifier id="BookId">tmSmith</dc:identifier>
<dc:contributor opf:role="bkp">tmSmith Graphic Design</dc:contributor>
<dc:publisher>Publisher</dc:publisher>
<dc:rights>Public Domain</dc:rights>
<dc:type>Text</dc:type>
<dc:subject>Subject</dc:subject>
<dc:description>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.</dc:description>
</metadata>
There's no opf:file-as attribute on line 12.
Exactly what issue are you having?
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:34 AM   #14
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Don't see anything wrong at the first glance. Hmm, strange. Let me ponder for a while.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

What is the content of the "META-INF/container.xml" file? That's where the location of the OPF file is stated, it might be that the validator is using a different OPF file from what you think... Also, if you can, post a complete .epub file that shows the problem, you can just remove all copyrighted material from the text files or replace it with "lorem ipsum".