Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Can't register with Launchpad

I want to enter a bug entry and upload a file, but before I do that I have to register through Launchpad.

My tired old eyes have a lot of difficulty reading the Captcha words I have to enter, but even when I find one I can read the Launchpad simply ignores whatever I enter, and presents me with two more words. I must have spend ten minutes earlier this afternoon and done 20-30 pairs of words. My tired old ears can't make any sense of the sound option either.

And I also can't find anyway to find out from Launchpad what the hell I am doing wrong.

Is there anyother way of registering a bug? Or could some kind soul send me a private message telling me how to register with Launchpad? Please?

I'm using Firefox and Windows 7 if that makes any difference.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I want to enter a bug entry and upload a file, but before I do that I have to register through Launchpad.

My tired old eyes have a lot of difficulty reading the Captcha words I have to enter, but even when I find one I can read the Launchpad simply ignores whatever I enter, and presents me with two more words. I must have spend ten minutes earlier this afternoon and done 20-30 pairs of words. My tired old ears can't make any sense of the sound option either.

And I also can't find anyway to find out from Launchpad what the hell I am doing wrong.

Is there anyother way of registering a bug? Or could some kind soul send me a private message telling me how to register with Launchpad? Please?

I'm using Firefox and Windows 7 if that makes any difference.
When you get to the Capcha part: Zoom your screen a few times (Ctrl-Plus)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Interesting idea. I'd not thought of trying that (as yes.. I too HATE captcha's and also those darned audio versions which are meant to help you).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of doing that either, and will give it a try.

On the other hand I have used the option to choose another pair, and have selected the most simple ones without any success. I'm 99.9% sure that I entered the pairs correctly.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
On the other hand I have used the option to choose another pair, and have selected the most simple ones without any success. I'm 99.9% sure that I entered the pairs correctly.
See if using another browser like IE makes a difference.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
See if using another browser like IE makes a difference.
What is it with all the multiple threads (cross/multi post) on the same subject lately
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
What is it with all the multiple threads (cross/multi post) on the same subject lately
Confused me, the OP was correct in starting a new thread. I just wish he hadn't already brought it up in his other thread.

I too have seen other repeat threads the last couple of days, it can be irritating.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote