Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
ottocol
ottocol began at the beginning.

Device: none
small ticking sound

Hi: this is not a question about openinkpot itself, but it is related somehow. My hanlin makes a small ticking sound 2-3 seconds after displaying a page. It is not very loud, but clearly audible in silence. It's not the system "pip", it's just 2-3 seconds AFTER refreshing page and kind of bothering. anybody else? May be a hardware fault for my reader, but...

now comes the relationship to openinkpot. This ticking sound does not happen with OI, only with "official" firmwares. Question (curiosity) for developers: is different the way OI handles screen than official firmwares? looks like official firmware is refreshing it in a different (and bothering for my reader) way
Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
javimm
Connoisseur
javimm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocol View Post
Hi: this is not a question about openinkpot itself, but it is related somehow. My hanlin makes a small ticking sound 2-3 seconds after displaying a page. It is not very loud, but clearly audible in silence. It's not the system "pip", it's just 2-3 seconds AFTER refreshing page and kind of bothering. anybody else? May be a hardware fault for my reader, but...

now comes the relationship to openinkpot. This ticking sound does not happen with OI, only with "official" firmwares. Question (curiosity) for developers: is different the way OI handles screen than official firmwares? looks like official firmware is refreshing it in a different (and bothering for my reader) way
My V3 had the same click noise before installing OI, and it doesn't do it now, so it must be something firm related.
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
My V3 still ticks under OI.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
My V3 still ticks under OI.
But what NONE of you understand is that 'ticking' sound is a countdown timer. When it hits its final tick, it'll start shouting "I am a 30-second bomb! I am a 30-second bomb! 29! 28!..."

Derek
Old 02-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I have the BeBook (Hanlin V3-clone) and it never ticked, before or after OI.
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I noticed this on my Cybook using official firmware (haven't tried OI). I always assumed this was some part of the display or controller doing something that, well, ticks.