Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
driph
driph began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Wait, where'd my book go? Aka removing from collections

Okay, so prior to the most recent update, when viewing my library sorted by collection, any book that wasn't in collection would be seen at the root level of the home screen. For me, this worked perfectly, as I had everything stored in collections, and then anything I was currently reading would live under the list of collections.

Since the update, if I go into a collection, find a book, and remove it from the collection, the book vanishes. It's still on the Kindle as I can search for it, but it no longer appears on the home screen as books previously did (Note: some books are on the home screen, such as samples and items I email to the kindle).

Home screen view is set to DOWNLOADED, ALL ITEMS, sorted by COLLECTION.

Am I missing a setting, or is this a new behavior? If the latter, is there a way around it?
driph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
driph
driph began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Huh, strangely, searching for the book, re-adding it to a collection from the results view, and then browsing to the collection and removing the book seems to resolve the issue (for that book alone), causing it to appear on the home screen (with a 'NEW') as expected.

Hopefully I can figure out the cause in order to resolve this in bulk.
driph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF you figure out how to in Bulk let me know! PW3 seems to allow DL from Amazon 1 at a time.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
IF you figure out how to in Bulk let me know! PW3 seems to allow DL from Amazon 1 at a time.
Have you gone to manage your content and devices on a computer or tablet? You can send 10 at a time from there.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:13 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
When I got the PW3 ALL the books showed on the device. I still had to Tap each one to get them to Down Load. Even when I have it set to Main device I still have to Tap each ebook to down Load..
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
When I got the PW3 ALL the books showed on the device. I still had to Tap each one to get them to Down Load. Even when I have it set to Main device I still have to Tap each ebook to down Load..
Yes Katie1,
That is how all the kindles work. What I said was IF you have a computer or tablet, you can go to the manage your content and devices. You check the books you want on your device (up to ten) then click deliver. You will get a pop up asking which kindle. You pick the one you want to send to and click deliver. When you turn the wireless on your PW3, those books will automatically download.
Now I do recommend not sending more than about 30 at a time. Wait till they download then pick more.

I just did this on my Fire a couple of weeks ago.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.7.3, collections