Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #31
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcubed View Post
OK, Papers is a new one to me. Is it from Google? Can you directly download from Google books? I'll look it up in the app store, if I can find it via PC.
No, it is from Mekentosj.com, but yes, you can search directly on Google Books, or import PDFs from your own sources.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #32
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
I like Papers as a pdf management sofware (especially on my macbook air), but I find that iAnnotate has much better annotation features.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #33
Dcubed
Dcubed began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, hopefully
So I can download with Papers and skip iTunes? Then, if I like GoodReader or iAnnotate better, open the pdfs there? Or is that too much trouble?

I don't think I need to annotate any of the pdfs I read - I just read and haven't annotated them. But, I suppose I haven't been able to easily and it might be nice with color...

OK, sheesh. I think I've got 4 pdf readers to try out . That's actually a really good thing since choices are the best way to find what works best for me.
Dcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #34
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
A bit off topic but related....

If I have half a dozen books in iBooks and decide to get/use another reader what happens to the books in the iBooks App?

Can they be transfered from one App to another or do they have to be re-iTunes synced?

Sorry iPad 3 newbie

Bit ?
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #35
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by louwin View Post
A bit off topic but related....

If I have half a dozen books in iBooks and decide to get/use another reader what happens to the books in the iBooks App?

Can they be transfered from one App to another or do they have to be re-iTunes synced?

Sorry iPad 3 newbie

Bit ?
Everything is app specific on all iPads. You would need to reload whatever books you want to read using a different app. The reload can be done with iTunes or email or a cloud download.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
Dcubed
Dcubed began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Everything is app specific on all iPads. You would need to reload whatever books you want to read using a different app. The reload can be done with iTunes or email or a cloud download.

Dale
So, does that mean multiple copies of the same book? Is it easy to delete ones you don't want?
Dcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcubed View Post
So, does that mean multiple copies of the same book? Is it easy to delete ones you don't want?
Yes.

Yes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #38
cliq
Nameless Being

Im also in similar situation. I am planning to buy an iPad and I would like to know what are the best options to read, most importantly, PDF files (large & small). According to this forum, I have been made to understand that Goodreader is a great one for iPad + the others. Question is where can I get Cloudreader? Is it that uploading PDF files to dropbox and then viewing them from iPad is the best option to get pdfs onto iPad?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #39
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjluv View Post
Question is where can I get Cloudreader? Is it that uploading PDF files to dropbox and then viewing them from iPad is the best option to get pdfs onto iPad?
CloudReader is available in the App Store as a free download, like most other iOS Apps. Both CloudReader and GoodReader have built in servers to let you upload files to them via a web browser, but GoodReader also lets you download via FTP, and can directly sync with Box, SugarSync, and DropBox. It can also sync folders to make sure the iPad has the same contents as a folder you sync from your computer to one of the above services.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can also just drag and drop files onto it from iTunes, which personally I find to be the easiest solution.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #41
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can also just drag and drop files onto it from iTunes, which personally I find to be the easiest solution.
even for 3rd party books?
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
even for 3rd party books?
Yes, certainly.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #43
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
That's how I do it too (drag and drop to iTunes). It requires connecting the iDevices to my Mac, but I do that frequently anyway, I am used to do app upgrades this way and it also creates a backup. Plus, it means I only copy the book once and then it's synced to the iPhone and iPad.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #44
Cantello
Cantello began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Lots of love here for GoodReader, does none of you use ReaddleDocs? I found it to be a little smoother than GR, especially when turning pages or panning on zoomed pages.
Cantello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #45
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
There is a sale on Readdle apps right now, so I bought Readdle Docs. I love GoodReader's functionalities but I was getting tired of the interface which is not very user friendly, and I also find the app a bit slow. So far (after only a very quick look), Readdle Docs looks better on both counts.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote