Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Question about upgrading memory card

Hi everybody, I was hoping for some advice about my memory card. I've had a Vox since christmas, love it, but now I want to upgrade the microSD card. I have a 4 GB card in it, and will be getting a 16 GB. The one on it has various files and folders put on by applications. If I change microSD cards, can I simply copy and paste those onto the new one, and still have them work? Or am I going to have to reload all my applications and data? My computer runs windows vista (I know ) so what would the best way to go about it be?
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I think that's all I did when I switched from a 4 GB card to an 8 GB card.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
skemsley
skemsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Pete731, assuming that you have a microSD adapter so that you can plug it into your computer, then you can just copy all the files from the old card into a folder on your PC, then copy them back from there to the new card.
skemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice oldyellr and skemsley

I now have the card installed, and all my data is moved and working. Tons of storage!
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote