Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
annando
annando began at the beginning.

Device: Oyo
Is the IQ usable? Especially with Adobe DRM

Hi!

By now I'm using an Oyo (EBook reader from a german book store) with an SiPix display (E-Ink is better).

I'm thinking about buying an IQ so that I can read my books without the need for an external light.

I already read several threads and it seems that the firmware situation is dramatically bad. It seems that several month after start there is still no possibility to read DRM protected books? (Except the way to root the reader)

Although the system is based upon Android 2.0 and it doesn't seem to ever get updated to a newer version (which would allow several updated programs)

Do I see this right? Are there good reasons to buy this device despite these downsides?

Michael
annando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Kingstas
Kingstas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook IQ701
Wait until about 15th March, will be known about the android 2.2
Kingstas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
It's an inexpensive Android tablet. For the price you get a reasonable hardware.

As long as you know what you want to do with it and are aware of the current limitations (not the apps; the firmware), there's nothing wrong about the IQ. I still would rather buy a Galaxy Tab, but that's just me.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote