Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 05:15 AM   #106
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Certainly it is; it was written some 2300 years ago
I don't know, when did the author die (not his son)?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM   #107
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Okay, got it.

Last edited by nohmi2; 08-27-2009 at 06:34 AM.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #108
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Certainly it is; it was written some 2300 years ago, but do you read Greek?

See:

http://www.kalvesmaki.com/LXX/Texts.htm

For your information, there is also a copy in English on the site. Thank you/

Who was it who said that "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:49 AM   #109
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are a number of English translations on the site. That's why I recommended it to you .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #110
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
There are a number of English translations on the site. That's why I recommended it to you .
Many thanks. The remark about having to read ancient Greek threw me.
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #111
zsupportertz
zsupportertz began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 7610
if any one can provide a bible in prc fomat please
zsupportertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #112
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsupportertz View Post
if any one can provide a bible in prc fomat please
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22438
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #113
PLEBAE
PLEBAE began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Looking for... (pdf is fine)

History of Economic Thought - E.K Hunt [ISBN: 0534005810]

From Political Economy to Economics - Fine/Milonakis [ISBN: 9780203887110]

Hoping some of you politicos/econ non-fiction readers with access to a large archive can help me out.

I have
Marx's Capital - Fine/Saad 4th ed. (074532049X) [ISBN: 9780745320496]
If anyone needs it.

Thanks in advance
PLEBAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #114
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
This thread is intended for members to request public domain or Creative Commons books. MobileRead respects authors' copyright. Authors have a living to make, just the same as the rest of us.

The first two titles you list are still in copyright. They were published in 2002 and 2008 respectively. There are some public domain versions of Marx, but the commentary that you mention is also a copyrighted work. We will not be uploading or hosting them. Please refrain from requesting copyright violations.

Our policy is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/copyright.html
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_uploads
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MobileRead
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #115
fiver
Enthusiast
fiver doesn't litterfiver doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I noticed that places like mobileread and gutenberg have the full collection of M.R. James' Ghost Stories of an Antiquary, More Ghost Stories of an Antiquary, and A Thin Ghost and Others - but not the collection A Warning to the Curious, and I don't think that all the remaining stories from The Collected Stories of M.R James are available either. I have not been able to find the e-texts; yet all stories were published prior to the author's death in 1936 and the U.K's life+70 would make the stories available for public domain in 2006 - if I understand copyright rules correctly.

I'm just surprised that I haven't found the e-texts available anywhere online that I've searched. Is anyone working on a mobipocket edition to round out the rest of James' stories or is there a true copyright reason why they aren't available.

FYI: A Warning to the curious, available on this site, is just the short story - not the collection of stories.

Michael
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:18 AM   #116
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you find a text online, fiver, then I'll gladly convert it.
There's no copyright reason for their non-availability, as far as I know. It's almost certainly just that no-one has got as far as scanning a copy.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #117
JAdams
SamIam
JAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litter

Device: iPad, K3, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX
May I please request Grimms Fairy Tales for the Kindle ?
I saw it in LRF but not in Mobi here in our book collection/library.
Thank you !
JAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #118
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdams View Post
Thank you !
OK. I'll do one. It will probably be uploaded in a couple of days.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #119
JAdams
SamIam
JAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litter

Device: iPad, K3, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX
That is wonderful !
Thanks for doing that for us.
JAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #120
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdams View Post
Thank you !
I've now uploaded three different versions, one illustrated.

I may yet have a go at the Lucy and Walter Crane illustrated version too, in a few days.