Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Nuple
Nuple began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Changing font color HTML-MOBI

Hello,
I have just bought the Kindle DX, and trying to convert HTML files for it.
I really like Calibre, and think it is very well done.

I have one problem: In the source the font color is kinda gray, not black.
On the monitor its not a problem, but on the kindle its too bright and makes reading too difficult.
I'm converting to MOBI (Calibre's default for Kindle...).
I tried to add "body {color:black;}" in the Extra CSS, but that just ruins the whole document.
Here is the source if it can help(its in Russian) :http://lib.rus.ec/

Thanks.
Nuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Nuple
Nuple began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
The thread gone to 3rd page...
Is it that difficult to do? I though it must be easy..but I don't know how.
Thanks

Last edited by Nuple; 12-07-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Nuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
The problem is that the source you point to is a complex web page, with two stylesheets. You want to change the font color of just some text, but not all - that is, you want to change the font color of just the text which is currently dark grey. But to do that accurately, someone would need to analyse the page construction, and both stylesheets, and work out which HTML elements (and possibly which style classes) are used for the currently dark grey sections of text on the page. None of that is simple or straightforward, and would require some time to do.

I've had a quick look, and you could try adding "p {color:black}" and "h2 {color:black}". But to be honest, I don't know for certain if that will change the color of all the dark grey text, or if it will change the color of text which is currently some other color, or miss some bits out.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote