Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
Ted Friesen
Nameless Being

Library problems

Calibre seems a fantastic tool to manage my electronic reading, but I've had lots of problems with Calibre library management. Spent weeks getting a 10K library in shape: covers, tags, no empty formats--yahoo!

Hard drive crashed. Luckily I could recover th entire folder from a backup, but had to let Calibre restore the db (not sure why). That took some time only to find that I'm 4K books short. Had an older backup folder with the missing books--I thought, so I switched to that folder and tried to restore that db. Hours later it failed. So, thought I'd switch back only to find the first library empty again.

I've seen comments about multiple libraries, but I can't seem to keep even one working.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you read the FAQ at the Calibre Help site?
You must be breaking one of the Do NOTs

4 + Libraries on many computers (and I do, knowingly break a few Do NOT's on occasion) and I have never lost more than a few NEW books from the CURRENT task when the reason for the DO NOT reared up
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote