Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #46
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
yes.. pidgeon92.. thanks! You can see from my post above yours that it seems that "type" (length) of subscription is up to publisher. I can't image why anyone would want to offer their mag one issue at at time as Zinio states that Macworld does...(3 posts up)
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #47
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
yes.. pidgeon92.. thanks! You can see from my post above yours that it seems that "type" (length) of subscription is up to publisher. I can't image why anyone would want to offer their mag one issue at at time as Zinio states that Macworld does...(3 posts up)
I saw your post after I had posted mine. I am wondering if Macworld isn't going to last long, and that is why they've gone with a month-to-month subscription.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #48
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I saw your post after I had posted mine. I am wondering if Macworld isn't going to last long, and that is why they've gone with a month-to-month subscription.
No way! MacWorld has been THE "goto" Mac mag since 1984. idgcsmb
Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #49
1611mac
eWanderer

Just arrived in my email...
Quote:
Your March 2013 digital issue of Discover is here!
Went to Zinio app and there was Discover waiting for download.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
No way! MacWorld has been THE "goto" Mac mag since 1984. idgcsmb
Well, you know Apple's a 'broken' company.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #51
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Just arrived in my email...

Went to Zinio app and there was Discover waiting for download.
Hold on... Why do all my seven mags show in my zinio iPad app but only four are showing in my OSX Reader app? (Rhetorical question....)
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #52
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
oh yeah... there will be nothing to publish about them any month now...
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #53
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hold on... Why do all my seven mags show in my zinio iPad app but only four are showing in my OSX Reader app? (Rhetorical question....)

That's what happens in a nightmare.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #54
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
not broken, just chewed...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #55
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Yeah, I think the only thing that Zinio could do better would be ditch DRM/their proprietary format.

I find their customer service is excellent, and I still have access to magazines from years ago. I also really appreciate that they still do real subscriptions where you pay once and get a year's worth of magazines. I hate the pay every month pseudo-subscriptions they do at Amazon and Apple.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #56
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Yeah, I think the only thing that Zinio could do better would be ditch DRM/their proprietary format.

I find their customer service is excellent, and I still have access to magazines from years ago. I also really appreciate that they still do real subscriptions where you pay once and get a year's worth of magazines. I hate the pay every month pseudo-subscriptions they do at Amazon and Apple.
I've been buying knitting mags through the Nook store, and I like that model. It's still cheaper than a paper subscription, and I'm not committed.

But different strokes.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #57
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I've been buying knitting mags through the Nook store, and I like that model. It's still cheaper than a paper subscription, and I'm not committed.

But different strokes.
My problem is that as a freelancer, I like to keep very tight control over exactly when charges hit the card I use on the internet. I don't authorize anything for automatic charges, and magazine subscriptions are not going to change that.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #58
kennyc

Quote:

Yes!

Quote:
My problem is that as a freelancer, I like to keep very tight control over exactly when charges hit the card I use on the internet. I don't authorize anything for automatic charges, and magazine subscriptions are not going to change that.
Agreed!