Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Have we mentioned the 5" colour Elonex?

I couldn't find any posts here with some MR forum searching.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...eader/8139619/

Now available from Waterstone's for a penny less than £100, and quite interesting alongside the news of their 7" and 10" tablets, and the colour Nook.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the page for the specs:

http://www.elonex.com/products/ebook/500eb-ebook.shtm

Graham
Old 10-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Graham
Wizard

It's only got a 6 hour battery life for reading, but you can play video on it, and it only weighs 200g.

Graham
Old 10-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
you cant read on that... you just cant...
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I hope it becomes available in the U.S. I have been looking for a 5" color reader.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I like it but just a little small for my requirements. Still, this is a cool little device and the price isn't bad at all. I have an Archos 5 IT that is almost exactly this size and capability.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
charminglochie
charminglochie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I am planning on getting this for my son for Christmas. I have a kindle and love it but I think this is something that will appeal to his age group (teen).
charminglochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamV View Post
Why not?

It won't be as comfortable as readers with higher resolution or eInk, but it's got better specs and a larger screen than my Palm T/X and I've read dozens of books on that.

Graham
Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
chris337
chris337 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Motorola Q9h, Elonex 500eb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Why not?

It won't be as comfortable as readers with higher resolution or eInk, but it's got better specs and a larger screen than my Palm T/X and I've read dozens of books on that.

Graham
And if you're reading PDFs it lets you zoom to 200%.
I've bought one for the magazines that I can't quite read on my long suffering Sony!
chris337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Why not?

Graham
b/c it's a tiny source of light that hurts your eyes eventually... you can browse web or check your email... but for ebooks it's the worst choice...
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
jethro10
Enthusiast
jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: cybook
Quote:
b/c it's a tiny source of light that hurts your eyes eventually... you can browse web or check your email... but for ebooks it's the worst choice...
Well I've moved from E-Ink to my small android phone exclusively, and it never bothers me. I'm 50 with glasses.
It just happened, I didn't plan it.

Jeff
jethro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
AdamV
*Censored*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro10 View Post
Well I've moved from E-Ink to my small android phone exclusively, and it never bothers me. I'm 50 with glasses.
It just happened, I didn't plan it.

Jeff
well I read at least a book a week and I used to use my son's PSP console for that... i stopped using that way after several months since i noticed my eyes were noticable more tired at the end of a day... I do not wear glasses - never had to... So i went to a doc and they had my eyes examined - all were fine except they told me to not stress them more than necessary each day (the doc included waorking with my laptop or watching LCD tv) or my seeing can get worse... I had no similar problems after I stopped reading on LCD - still working 40 hours a day in from of LCD monitor and watch tv ocassionally...

so I guess LCD is not good for your eyes if you have an alternate option...
Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #13
jethro10
Enthusiast
jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: cybook
Quote:

Or more likely every one is built differently.
I do have an alternative option, but don't need it.
I guess there is differences in types and qualities of LCD and they are improving all the time as well so it's a moving target

J
jethro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Quote:
well I read at least a book a week and I used to use my son's PSP console for that... i stopped using that way after several months since i noticed my eyes were noticable more tired at the end of a day... I do not wear glasses - never had to... So i went to a doc and they had my eyes examined - all were fine except they told me to not stress them more than necessary each day (the doc included waorking with my laptop or watching LCD tv) or my seeing can get worse... I had no similar problems after I stopped reading on LCD - still working 40 hours a day in from of LCD monitor and watch tv ocassionally...

Change your first statement with "I", instead of "you".

I can read perfectly on LCD.

I've looked at that one too. I really do like it! But if I'd buy another LCD reader it would be at least 7" and touchscreen.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #15
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Wow the current price has gone down to £69.99
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote