Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Short science fiction stories, book fulls. How do I find them?

How can I search for short stories in a book, ie several short stories as an anthology? I want to find a couple of books of science fiction stories to give something to read during brief breaks. I use Fictionwise as my main ebook provider.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ok.Sorted. Just realised I was searching incorrectly. Found some short story stuff.
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love short stories also. At Fictionwise, get the magazines, especially Asimov's. They are collected stories, and new ones are available every month.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Baen have LOTS of books of short SF.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
you could also look for the "year's best SF" anthologies at various ebookstores... a quick google search dug up various volumes at three different sellers.
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I was also going to suggest the "Year's Best" anthologies. Hugo winners anthologies are another good choice.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
For the Kindle, Amazon prints a yearly collection of Sci/Fi shorts (Year's Best Science Fiction) for about $9.99 and they are cheaper for previous years (there are over 20 years worth, Locus Award-winning annual compilation of the year's best science fiction stories). I'm sure you can find the same on other sites in different formats.

Mobipocket has it for $15. Same book at 50% more.

eReader.com has a Years Best SF and Best Fantasy collection for about $8 each. Amazon beats this price for the same series at $6.40 each.

Last edited by pagansoul; 08-16-2008 at 02:26 PM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
peterbbb
BoyReader

Thanks, guys. Great reading.