Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Barafundle
Barafundle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Kobo touch problems

Hi

I have tried to use a Sandisc 4gb micro sdhc card in my kobo touch after many attempts eventually got it to see it and import the books but when I turned it back on each time they were all gone and I had to remove the card to let it find them again.
Obvioulsy this got very annoying so I moved a lot of the books directly onto the kobo itself and it sees them fine.
I then made some shelves for various authors but it loses the books from the shelf after its closed down.

This is driving me mad.

I also have a blackberry playbook and using the Kobo app on this added my library and all books bought from store and free ones. They all show but almost every book that I have bought when you try to read it it tells me its a preview and I can only read about 1 chapter I also get this with a lot of the free books.

Lets just say I am not a happy bunny
Barafundle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barafundle View Post
I have tried to use a Sandisc 4gb micro sdhc card in my kobo touch after many attempts eventually got it to see it and import the books but when I turned it back on each time they were all gone and I had to remove the card to let it find them again.
Obvioulsy this got very annoying so I moved a lot of the books directly onto the kobo itself and it sees them fine.
There are known problems with some SD cards. There are a lot of discussion on it around here with some suggestions to solve it. I don't normally use one, but I do have a 4GB Sandisk SDHC card that works perfectly.
Quote:

I then made some shelves for various authors but it loses the books from the shelf after its closed down.
Did you do you logout after installing the firmware? There is an problem with 2.0.0 that shelves don't "stick" until you logout of the device and back in.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert