Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Question Overdrive Question

So, Phoenix Public's Overdrive site just bounced me to a page where I can enter a "PID" for Mobipocket books.

I remember reading (but could not find it again) that Kindles have a PID that will work here. Is this true for the K3?

I have no interest in circumventing DRM, and I can certainly wait for access to the Overdrive books--I just ran into it and thought I'd ask.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
So, Phoenix Public's Overdrive site just bounced me to a page where I can enter a "PID" for Mobipocket books.

I remember reading (but could not find it again) that Kindles have a PID that will work here. Is this true for the K3?

I have no interest in circumventing DRM, and I can certainly wait for access to the Overdrive books--I just ran into it and thought I'd ask.
to get your kindle 3's pid go here and enter your kindle's serial number. it'll give it to you and spit out an error as well, ignore the error.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-10-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: fix typo
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Excellent - Thank you!
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Excellent - Thank you!
you're welcome
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote