Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
WSJ: Book Industry Turns the Page

Here's the video: http://online.wsj.com/video/book-ind...C43CC4887.html

They mention "BookSwim" that I had not heard of before.
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
This does look promising, provided they get support from a lot of publishers for ebook renting...
It would also depend on their subscription fees, which I find pretty high at the moment for the pbooks they rent out.
Still, I think it is an interesting business model with potential.
There are a lot of books that I only want to read once.
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
But they seem to only rent paper books at this time. BTW, I've seen paper book rentals available for several years though I've never subscribed.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote