Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Stopped working?

I downloaded the newest version onto my previously working version and it has stopped working. I have tried rebooting, and get an indication that the computer is trying to start it, but then notheing. I have tried re-downloading and nothing. I have removed it from the computer, re-downloaded and nothing. Any thoughts?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Any chance that Calibre was still running when you did the over install? If so that could be the issue. In any event Kovid has been very good about rescuing us. So keep the faith and he should pop up with the solution.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run

calibre-debug -g

in a terminal and post the output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Run

calibre-debug -g

in a terminal and post the output
Umm... Terminal?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Umm... Terminal?
Okay, I got that figured out, but I have no idea how to copy from the command box to here. I'll try tyoing it out, but don't guarantee the accuracy:

link hasn't been detected!
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "debug.py", line 147, in <module>
File "debug.py", line 120, in main
File "C:\Program Files <x86>\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 1571, in main
File "C:\Program Files <x86>\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 80, in _init_
File "C:\Program Files <x86>\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 1404, in read_settings
File "C:\Program Files <x86>\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 1400, in initialize_database
File "os.pyo", line 150 in makedirs
File "os.pyo", line 157 in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'F:\\'

Of course. It's all clear now.

Thanks for putting up with my snide sarcasm, as well as for helping out.
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
patchymama
patchymama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am having the same problem, here is what I get from the debug command

Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator>calibre-debug -g
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "debug.py", line 147, in <module>
File "debug.py", line 120, in main
File "calibre\gui2\main.pyo", line 1571, in main
File "calibre\gui2\main.pyo", line 80, in __init__
File "calibre\gui2\main.pyo", line 1404, in read_settings
File "calibre\gui2\main.pyo", line 1400, in initialize_database
File "os.pyo", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.pyo", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 21] The device is not ready: u'Q:\\'
I assume (possibly incorrectly) that the problem stems from the fact that my library was located on a portable USB drive that somehow got unplugged and renamed. it used to be "Q" and now its "R". I thought that if I uninstalled and then reinstalled the new version it would fix it, but it hasnt.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Okay, I got that figured out, but I have no idea how to copy from the command box to here.
to copy from the command box.....

Clcik on the little black box at the top left, put your curser on 'edit' and choose 'mark'

Now you can 'highlight watever you want to copy.....

Next, go back to that little back box, cursor on edit, and click 'copy'

go to your post and right click 'paste'.......like so:

C:\Users\Donna\Desktop\Library>
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchymama View Post
I am having the same problem, here is what I get from the debug command

I assume (possibly incorrectly) that the problem stems from the fact that my library was located on a portable USB drive that somehow got unplugged and renamed. it used to be "Q" and now its "R". I thought that if I uninstalled and then reinstalled the new version it would fix it, but it hasnt.
start calibre from a terminal as

calibre --with-library r:\whatever
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
patchymama
patchymama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks! That did it for me
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote