Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
Kindle Touch 5.1.0, How to turn on/off wifi in a script?

Like turn on/off wireless in the menu
not just ifconfig up/down wlan0
I wanna restart wifid, but if I don't stop wifi first, the GUI sometimes crash.
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The Wiki, especially the section about LIPC, is your friend here.

The "Interesting handlers / actions" contains information about how to peek and poke around LIPC.

I merely fetched the output from "lipc-probe -a -v", took a look at it, applied a bit of common sense, and after 5 minutes of trial-and-error arrived at the commands below.

For this particular case:
Code:
# disable WiFi
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0

#enable WiFi
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
It works for me (though I haven't tested what it does if no Wifi connections are specified, or available, etc.)

If you find this useful, and/or if you find out more about how exactly it behaves, you're more than welcome to add this information to the Wiki as well.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
I'm sorry to say, there is still something wrong.
It seems the WIFI is turned off on the GUI, but Kindle still connects to the AP after a while automatically.
But if you turn off wireless manually in the menu, it won't do that.

So I think I need more steps to turn off wireless completely.

Thanks
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Code:
# disable WiFi
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0

#enable WiFi
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
It works for me (though I haven't tested what it does if no Wifi connections are specified, or available, etc.)

If you find this useful, and/or if you find out more about how exactly it behaves, you're more than welcome to add this information to the Wiki as well.
If I want to let the kindle connect to Wifi between 7:00~8:00 AM,then turn it off automatically at 8:00 AM,
What can I do to edit the file '/etc/crontab/root'?
Just like
Code:
0 7 * * * lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
0 8 * * * lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 0
Is it right?
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote