Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #151
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post

How to make three calibre tags upload to one shelf? I wrote in mappings Contemporary, contemporary, Contemopary romance
I tried with commas and without still it doesn't upload tags, only then where is one tag for one shelf. I think I just add them wrong...
What about this?

And about lower and upper case, I know goodreads have only lower case, but does the program identify them differently. If I have in tags mappings only historical, will it find the Historical as the same or no?

Sorry for my bad English
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #152
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Noughty - you can't do that. It looks like you are trying to use this as a way of mapping a mess of Calibre tags into some consolidated Goodreads shelves. That won't work.
If you want to map "Science Fiction" tag to "science-fiction" shelf, you can do that.
If you want to map two Calibre tags together of "Science Fiction, Space Opera" to a single "scifi-space-opera" shelf you can do that.
What you can't do is say "any one of these multiple tags" will map to this single Goodreads shelf. Remember the mappings are bidirectional. What would you do if pulling down from that shelf - how would it know what tag to give the book if you said "any one of these?". It just can't work that way.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #153
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I see. Thanks for explaining the principle. I guess the best is to just make rename all similar tags to one name and then upload.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #154
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
When trying to Sync the Read shelf I get this Error:

calibre, version 0.7.56
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 230, in sync_shelf
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 270, in get_goodreads_books_on_shelf
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 88, in _oauth_request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init_ _", line 658, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1129, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 901, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 871, in _conn_request
File "httplib.py", line 1011, in getresponse
File "httplib.py", line 341, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'

Your help and Plugins is as always appreciated.

Ken
kenr276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #155
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@kenr276 - absolutely no idea, never seen that before. From the error information you have posted it looks like something way down deep inside some third party python libraries that this plugin uses. Not the sort of code I feel comfortable digging around in, though perhaps Kovid may have some suggestions.

Does it happen all the time, or was it a one off?
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #156
kenr276
Enthusiast

It has happened the last 6 times I have tried it. Some times when I try to link more than 2 books I get an Error also.

Ken

EDIT: I just tried to link 4 books and got this Error

calibre, version 0.7.56
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 261, in search_goodreads_to_link_book
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 283, in search_to_link_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 355, in get_goodreads_book_for_id
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 122, in _request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1129, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 901, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 871, in _conn_request
File "httplib.py", line 1011, in getresponse
File "httplib.py", line 341, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'

Last edited by kenr276; 04-20-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Added Error Report
Old 04-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #157
kenr276
Enthusiast

Restarted my cable modem and router, that seemed to get it working again.

Ken
Old 04-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #158
kiwidude

Good to hear Ken, thanks for posting back. The plugin was working fine for me so I figured it was likely to be a localised issue - no-one else had reported such a problem and nothing has ever been changed in that part of the code.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #159
kiwidude

v1.4.7 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Force the Goodreads/Calibre id caches to be updated more frequently.

This plugin has always had as a performance optimisation a cache of mappings between Calibre books and their Goodreads ids in both directions.

Now that I have released the new Goodreads plugin for metadata download along with Kovid's new metadata screen in 0.8 there are now "other" ways of updating the Goodreads ids that the cache cannot detect. So for instance you would download metadata for a book, and see a Goodreads id appear in a custom column. Without this change the linked book menu would not be updated to recognise an id was present until you switched libraries or restarted Calibre.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #160
kenr276
Enthusiast

I can't seem to get v1.4.7 to install using the updater or downloading it myself. I get no errors and it said it installed but still shows v1.4.6 on the Plugin Update Status and v1.4.7 available.

Ken
Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #161
kiwidude

@Ken - oh dear, how embarassing. I attached the wrong zip file to the first post (there were two zips there until a moment ago). Please try again now, thx for pointing this out.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #162
kenr276
Enthusiast

No problem I know you have many projects going on. I'm now updated and everything is working fine. Keep up the excellent work.

Ken
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #163
potestus
Enthusiast
potestus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Getting all of the shelves/tags?

Hi,

Great stuff,
Been having a play with mapping, I see this a a saviour for the mess of tags etc.. I really like it.

I have managed to get mapping to work but can only get it to upload 1 tag

ie where it might have Fiction, Science Fiction, Action.

It just does the first one. Fiction. (sometimes) I haven't worked out the rules.
For instance it just did Fiction, Horror OK.

So it is inconsistent.

Also it uses the read tag as the default - I would rather have the option to set in my case on-the-shelf as the default flag or to-read..

regards and many thanks.

Last edited by potestus; 05-03-2011 at 08:20 AM.
potestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #164
kiwidude

@potestus - you posted this in the Goodreads Metadata Source plugin thread, but most of your post sounds like the Goodreads Sync plugin? In particular when you talk about uploading tags or shelves? So I moved the post to this thread.

I'm afraid you have really lost me with your questions, I need you to spell out in more detail exactly what your settings are and what you are trying to do. Certainly you can have multiple tags in a column map to different shelves and upload, I just verified this now. Most likely you do not have your mappings set up correctly or have the wrong type of custom column but without details I'm guessing.

Break down in more detail of specific values, what columns, what mappings, what menu items, include a screenshot or your Goodreads Sync.config file so I can see your mappings and will see if we can sort you out.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #165
potestus
Enthusiast
potestus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Any tags new I add to the godreads Customisation to be synced with goodreads shelves do not appear in the mapping list anymore. They are synced with goodreads but are not mappable.

Philosophy, Politics, on-the-shelf - do not appear on the mappable items.

ie 27 on the database but only 24 come up as mappable?

I have the version .8 mod applied

I ad the Goodreads sync file.

regards

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-07-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Removed attachment for any confusion to others
potestus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads