Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm treating this forum like my personal blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
What the OP did and didn't know is irrelevant to his/her cry for help at the moment. Just dropping in to say basically "You may have f@*%ed it up beyond fixing, but I hope you fix it," is of no value. It does nothing to help the state of mind of the individual who is troubleshooting. It distracts from what individuals are trying to accomplish when they take the time to assist posters.

If someone wants to highlight the warranty issue, that can be done when the OP's problem is resolved. Also, a private message can be sent as a follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Not if he was thinking about taking it back or sending it back to the webstore. Also, people are saying now that BN can tell when Nooks you're attempting to return have been rooted.

You're treating this forum like your own personal little blog, btw. It's not, it's a community where everyones opinion counts equally.

Here's hoping things work out for the OP.

If others feel this way about my interaction here, please express your thoughts. If Rock isn't alone in his/her belief, I'll be more than happy to fade into the sunset.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
This thread is little more than a blatant call for massive ego-stroking and more karma. We all know you've aided a lot of people here.
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been holding my tongue with you and will continue to do so. I really wish I could express my thoughts to you face-to-face which would put an end to this tit-for-tat between us.

My time is valuable and I enjoy helping others. If people feel the way you do, then I'll go elsewhere. People can continue to send me a private message, but I will no longer seek out those who need help and publicly provide assistance.

Last edited by SCION; 01-03-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
This would be better handled via PM. Also, I don't consider there to be any tit-for-tat between us.

Edit: My words above may not seem to make sense now since she has edited her post to tone down the inflammatory material.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 01-03-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

If I can't say what I want to, to your face, I'm not saying it. There's no need for a PM.
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted

Don't let the da'man bring you down Scion.......You're awesome.....

And if you have a personal blog....please direct me to it.....

There's always a joker in the bunch

Last edited by The Joker; 01-03-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

I feel sorry for you Rock. There must be a void in your life.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
does he even own a NC? I'd say if not, then he'd better scurry back to the Kindle clubhouse.

(Had the same problem @ slatedroid when we got the Augen Gentouch78 and a guy kept creeping in from the Pandigital Novel forums to make various snide remarks, and again at xda with Samsung Galaxy Tab owners creeping into the Viewsonic gTablet forums to do the same, although in a slightly more subtle fashion. In the former case I believe it was just because of the brief burst of popularity of the GT & the latter just Tab owners insecure in their purchase of a grossly overpriced device.)

[EDIT]
...and for reference here is a link to the thread in which this originated... ahhh... intarwebz dramaz...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114387
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 01-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I wish there was an ignore button available at this site. There have been a few people I would happily employ it with. You are not one of them.

I would suggest that you both take deep breaths when you see the other post and ask yourself if you really need to respond. Walking away can be good for the soul.

For the record I have no clue what the issue is because I only skim the Nook boards. I have seen you both post in other areas. Scion, I have never had a problem with your posts. Rock's post have not made enough of an impression for me to say one way or the other.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
THREAD CLOSURE

Moderator Notice
This thread serves no useful purpose but to fuel discontent. This thread is closed. If a Member wishs to make a Report about a Member's behavior, then please do so. We ask that all Members please review our Posting Guidelines.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread