Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Ereader2Html

Just wanted to publically post a thank-you to "The Dark Reverser" for a wonderful tool.

I have converted all of my purchased Ereader books to HTML for storage, and IMP for reading on my Ebookwise. For such a small program it seems to do the best job (out of convert lit and this one anyway).

Thanks again!
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 AM   #2
codimanz
codimanz began at the beginning.

Device: PalmIIIx, PalmTE, Nokia N800
Just came in to say a big THANK YOU to Dark Reverser! I had a few dozen eReader books I bought over the years for my Palm devices, and now I can read them all on my Nokia N800 (or on whatever else I want).
PS: just posted eReader2html.py (and the Mobi DeDRM/Huff tools too) on the eDonkey P2P network... search for 4DeDRMfiles.zip.
codimanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
codimanz
codimanz began at the beginning.

Device: PalmIIIx, PalmTE, Nokia N800
Just came in to say a big THANK YOU to Dark Reverser! I had a few dozen eReader books I bought over the years for my Palm devices, and now I can read them all on my Nokia N800 (or on whatever else I want).
PS: just posted eReader2html.py (and the Mobi DeDRM/Huff tools too) on the eDonkey P2P network... search for 4DeDRMfiles.zip.

May the good code live for ever!
codimanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
soalla
soalla began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-505
Hey, guys

I used ereader2html several times with some pdb books I bought, using credit card nº and name; but how do I work it with a free pdb file? Is there another tool to convert a free pdb to html?

Thanks!

Last edited by soalla; 09-23-2008 at 10:41 AM.
soalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by soalla View Post
Hey, guys
I used ereader2html several times with some pdb books I bought, using credit card nº and name; but how do I work it with a free pdb file? Is there another tool to convert a free pdb to html?
Thanks!
You could download bookdesigner from http://www.bookdesigner.org/wordpress/ which will do what you want.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
soalla
soalla began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
You could download bookdesigner (...) which will do what you want.
Thanks, shighfield
I've got the last updt as I had a previous version already - I didn't use it for ages so I even forgot about it
I'll try it as soon as possible!
Thanks again!

soalla
soalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
cinediva
cinediva began at the beginning.

Device: sony
I feel so bad that this is my first post on mobileread.com, but I just have to say I am so frustrated trying to convert the eReader format books I have so that I can read them on my Sony PRS-505. I think I've been through every related post here on mobileread and I haven't been able to find instructions that help me to make it work! At worst, I was getting a Permission Denied error and at best I am getting a long string of xxxx not found errors.

Admittedly I am a python n00b, have no idea what I'm doing and so am literally following instructions as best I can. But I am getting so frustrated! I have all these books and I can't read them on my new device.

Has anyone out there had success using ereader2html on their Mac? Please help!
cinediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinediva View Post
Has anyone out there had success using ereader2html on their Mac? Please help!
Yes I use it quite often! This is for a PRC file with DRM.

Alt-Space > Terminal

Place your ereader2html.py and book in a directory (I will use ~/ebookutil)
where ~/ is my home directory.

python ./ereader2html.py PlayDirtyANovel_49490.pdb ~/ebookutil/tst "User Name" 12345678

Then it will create the HTML file in ~/ebookutil/tst

the "user name" is the name you registered the book with.
and the 12345678 is the last 8 digits of the credit card you purchased
the book with.

Hope this helps,
Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
cinediva
cinediva began at the beginning.

Device: sony
shighfield, thank you SO MUCH for this. as it turns out, what I was actually doing wrong was leaving off the leading python. thank you thank you thank you!
cinediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinediva View Post
shighfield, thank you SO MUCH for this. as it turns out, what I was actually doing wrong was leaving off the leading python. thank you thank you thank you!
Your welcome! Hang out here for a while and you start to learn a few of the tricks.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Trono
Enthusiast
Trono began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Yes I use it quite often! This is for a PRC file with DRM.

Alt-Space > Terminal

Place your ereader2html.py and book in a directory (I will use ~/ebookutil)
where ~/ is my home directory.

python ./ereader2html.py PlayDirtyANovel_49490.pdb ~/ebookutil/tst "User Name" 12345678

Then it will create the HTML file in ~/ebookutil/tst

the "user name" is the name you registered the book with.
and the 12345678 is the last 8 digits of the credit card you purchased
the book with.

Hope this helps,
Hi,
thanks for the instructions. I thought even I could manage when I saw them, but it turns out I still need guidance...

I've downloaded the script. At least I think so - it's saved as .txt and so I changed it to .py (maybe this is why I'm having trouble..?). Also downloaded the protected PDB-book from eReader to the same folder.

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 8.10, and opening Python 2.5 generates a terminal window, where I'm typing the following:

python ./ereader2html.py EvolutionandtheOrigin_59489.pdb ~/eReader2html/tst Trond T 50717918

Explanation:
python ./ --> space and "dot" before slash at the end - correct?
ereader2html.py --> name of the script - followed by space
EvolutionandtheOrigin_59489.pdb --> name of the eReader book - followed by space
~/eReader2html/tst --> Referring to the folder in which the generated book/file should be placed - followed by space (should it be the actual sign ~ or should I write the entire adress --> /home/trond/eReader2html/tst ?)
Trond T "credit card number - 8 digits" --> user name (not with the " " !?) and cred.card number - separated by space

This generates the following message: "SyntaxError: invalid syntax". I've tried several variations, but always the same error.

Any ideas?

Trond

PS! Please feel free to limit your response to: "Dude - you're in way over your head" if necessary

Last edited by Trono; 11-19-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Trono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trono View Post
I'm using Linux Ubuntu 8.10, and opening Python 2.5 generates a terminal window, where I'm typing the following:

python ./ereader2html.py EvolutionandtheOrigin_59489.pdb ~/eReader2html/tst Trond T 50717918
What is Trond T ??? Is that your name. If so, you need to surround it with single quotes:

python ./ereader2html.py EvolutionandtheOrigin_59489.pdb ~/eReader2html/tst 'Trond T' '50717918'

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
Trono
Enthusiast
Trono began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Nope - still the same SyntaxError...
Trono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trono View Post
Nope - still the same SyntaxError...
In a standard terminal window (not a python editing or debugging window) try just the command with no arguments:
Code:
python ./ereader2html.py
If that works, try the full command line.

If you make ereader2html.py executable you can probably drop the python, but it should not cause problems.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What is Trond T ??? Is that your name. If so, you need to surround it with single quotes:
I use double quotes on my iMac to get it to work... Try that.

Shawn