Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-28-2024, 07:11 PM   #1
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
What are some scenarios in which "Automatic (metadata) Management would be used?

The setting description says it will keep the library and device metadata in sync.

What might change that such that I'd want that to be reflected in the Kindle copy?

Do you use that setting, and why?
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 07:40 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
First, you can't do it with a Kindle, because Calibre can't access its database. It works with a Kobo, because its OS is open.

I do use that setting, because it means the metadata, including comments (the synopsis), series info and collections, transfers to my Kobos automatically, without my needing to do any manual work on the device (like setting up collections). And every time I change metadata in Calibre (title, author, cover, series, comments, rearrange the collections data) the changes again automatically transfer to my Kobos when I next connect them to Calibre. I won't have to resend the books to get the changes to my Kobos.

Last edited by Sirtel; 04-28-2024 at 07:55 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2024, 09:37 PM   #3
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
First, you can't do it with a Kindle, because Calibre can't access its database.
That answers that for this Kindle user. Thank you.
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote