Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Wafro
Wafro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500U2
Took the plunge, saying Hi

Hi guys, I've been eying ebook readers for a couple years now, and finally decided to just go for it. I got a PRS-500U2 refurb from the sony style store, only $199. anyways, I have two questions: whats the difference between the PRS-500 and the PRS-500U2

and second, I got the PRS-500U2 at $100 cheaper than the PRS-505. What's the difference between the 500U2 and the 505, and is the 505 worth an extra $100?

Well thanks in advance, and nice to meet you all.

Oh, and any advice on where I can get a bunch of free/public domain books?
Wafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafro View Post
Hi guys, I've been eying ebook readers for a couple years now, and finally decided to just go for it. I got a PRS-500U2 refurb from the sony style store, only $199. anyways, I have two questions: whats the difference between the PRS-500 and the PRS-500U2

and second, I got the PRS-500U2 at $100 cheaper than the PRS-505. What's the difference between the 500U2 and the 505, and is the 505 worth an extra $100?

Well thanks in advance, and nice to meet you all.

Oh, and any advice on where I can get a bunch of free/public domain books?
Lots of free public domain books at project gutenberg. Lots and lots.
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

There are also books uploaded to these forums, this is the sony ebook forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126

Feedbooks has nicely formatted ebooks.

Look around the forums here, you'll find people mentioning others.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Wafro
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welocme to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote