Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #46
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Freebie [follow up to 'Butterfly Weeds']: My Butterfly by Laura Miller

Freebie [writer of the 'Rock Me' series]: The Billionaire's Son by Arabella Quinn

Freebie [HOCKEY FANS!]: Blogging From the Heart by Mona Ingram

Freebies [holy hot covers, 2 are free] Eternal Breath of Darkness and Sweet Decadent Fire by Candice Stauffer
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #47
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Free Friday book at B&N is His Captive by Diana Cosby. Free also at Amazon.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/his-...=9781420124880

http://www.amazon.com/His-Captive-Ma...ds=his+captive
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #48
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Still free at B&N. Sorry no links.

Just a Little Lie (Shades of Deception, Book 1) by Mallory Rush
Bridegroom Wore Plaid by Grace Burrowes
Lovers Never Lie by Gael Morrison
Say You Love Me (A Historical Western Romance) by Patricia Hagan
The Viking's Witch by Kelli Wilkins
Handle with Care by Josephine Myles
Her Favorite Temptation by Sarah Mayberry
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #49
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So I am in a YA mood so any good YA Paranormals any one can recommend? I really want something original like the Elemental series. Not your standard Vampires/Werewolves/Witches kind of stuff.
I don't read much YA, but I'd recommend the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. It starts with The Iron King, and there are 4 books in the series. It's based on the Fae, but has a bit of a more imaginative take on it.

The only other YA series that I read is Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series in which teenagers are the champions of various gods and goddesses and are trying to prevent evil Loki from taking over the world. I started it because I love this author's Elemental Assassins adult UF series.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #50
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I don't read much YA, but I'd recommend the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. It starts with The Iron King, and there are 4 books in the series. It's based on the Fae, but has a bit of a more imaginative take on it.

The only other YA series that I read is Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series in which teenagers are the champions of various gods and goddesses and are trying to prevent evil Loki from taking over the world. I started it because I love this author's Elemental Assassins adult UF series.
When you say Fae, you mean like in The Lost Girl (if you've seen it)?

Last edited by gabby98; 08-02-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #51
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
So I am in a YA mood so any good YA Paranormals any one can recommend? I really want something original like the Elemental series. Not your standard Vampires/Werewolves/Witches kind of stuff.
Well, I agree about Juliet Immortal. I didn't know about the sequel though. I really like the Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. And my son also likes the Intertwined series by Gena Showalter.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

The Princess of Coldwater Flats by Nancy Bush
Originally published under Pen Name: Natalie Bishop
Silhouette Special Edition (1994)
Note: Wishlist item!

Goodbye, Desperado
by Kathy Clark
Harlequin American Romance (1993)

Indies:

Home for Love by Aneesa Price
(An Adult Contemporary Romance)
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I am bookmarking them so I can look into them later after I finished my other YA.

Lux series is one I've heard mention here many times.

Right now I started a new book last night. Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones courtesy of NetGalley. So far so good. Love Romantic suspense.

Hubby is being crabby today. I just want to go back to bed so I can read later!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
For those of you interested, Tapatalk classic is now free in the Google Play and Amazon app store. Thanks Blossom for putting the thought in my head, been meaning to check it out

:thumbup:
Oh that is good news! I wonder what the difference is.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #55
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Oh that is good news! I wonder what the difference is.
tried to figure it out last night, but was to tired to be useful. But for a newb like me, this app is gold compared to trying to make thing cooperate in some mobile browsers and free is my fav
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_k View Post
Stargazer by Cindy Holby (aka Colby Hodge) is $0.99

Previously published by Dorchester
Love the old Love Spells!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #57
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since we mentioned YA, I have to say that I have found some good ones. Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising Series were great, but I feel that I got more out of it since I read her Otherworld series, and it is just a tanget off of that series. I like Deborah Cooke's Dragonfire series but have not given her YA a try. I throughly enjoyed Kendre Blake's Anna Dressed in Blood. It was different and I heard that someone is going to bring it to the big screen.

Has anyone read any of these?? What are your thoughts??
Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Perhaps I should have been more specific on the YA they don't have to be romantic but that is a plus! I'm looking for something like the Elemental series. Where a group of young people struggle with their powers and being young and all that. I prefer real world type situations like School, dating and just teen age struggles while maybe they are trying to save the world or fight a war.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Kindle Deal of the Day $1.99

Not Quite Mine (Not Quite series) by Catherine Bybee
Publisher: Montlake Romance (May 7, 2013)

Quote:
From New York Times, USA Today, and WSJ best-selling author of Wife by Wednesday, comes the second novel in her delightful, delicious Not Quite trilogy.

Gorgeous hotel heiress Katelyn “Katie” Morrison seems to have it all. But when she crosses paths with Dean Prescott—the only man she’s ever loved—at her brother’s wedding, Katie realizes there’s a gaping hole in her life. After the ceremony she gets an even bigger surprise: a baby girl left on her doorstep. Determined to keep the newborn until she learns who her mother is, Katie has her hands full and doesn’t need Dean snooping around…especially when his presence stirs feelings she thought were long gone.

Dean Prescott knows Katie is lying to him about the baby. He shouldn’t care what the woman who broke his heart is up to…and he most certainly shouldn’t still be aching for her. Yet Dean can’t ignore the need to protect Katie—or the desire to be near her every chance he gets. But when he and Katie solve the mystery surrounding the baby, their second chance for happiness could be shattered forever.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #60
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
Perhaps I should have been more specific on the YA they don't have to be romantic but that is a plus! I'm looking for something like the Elemental series. Where a group of young people struggle with their powers and being young and all that. I prefer real world type situations like School, dating and just teen age struggles while maybe they are trying to save the world or fight a war.
I really got what you meant and maybe I wasn't clear enough either. I just wanted to ask about any YA others have read and enjoyed. I have been chicken to try anything new unless it is free. I have placed the Elemental Series on my library wishlist. I have not read it but what little you said made me want to know more. Both of Kelley Armstrong's series are like what you just described but you have werewolves, half demons, necromancers, sorcerors witches, skin-walkers, and the evil adults that want to control them.