Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Lenovo to release ebook reader in China

A usually reliably source, MobRead, is reporting that Lenovo is getting into e-readers. The Lenovo DNT IBook EB-605 has a projected retail of 2000 yuan, and based on the format support I would say it that it uses FBReader.

If you look at the picture, you should be able to see the obvious resemblance to the Oaxis reader developed by Gajah. Good for them. The mainland China market has the potential of being bigger than even the USA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lenovo.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	44027  
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See this thread for another upcoming Lenovo product... though, to be sure, MR members don't seem to be too impressed...

So I guess Lenovo has its eyes on the prize...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
osama_jamal
"eBook Addict!"
osama_jamal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Wow! Even Lenovo is now in the game!
But they were beaten by the QUE to the Grandma' Proof eReader!
osama_jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
HAHA Gajah said there was a well known company looking to them for that reader. Lenovo never crossed my mind. I'll have to check but this may be the ticket to carrying this well made ereader in my store- I'll carry the Lenovo branded version which should lower my cost a little
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote