Hi,

Is there any problem to pass the Iliad in the
machines of x-ray of the airports?

Regards.
ce3po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
I've taken mine through without problems.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I've taken my PRS500 on a couple flights with no ill effects. I doubt the Iliad would be different.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've had my PRS500 on over a dozen flights in the last year, no issues, no problems. The security folks don't even look twice at it going through the machine anymore.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Flash memory as used in all the eBook readers is not affected by the intensity of X-rays used in airport scanners.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've taken my PRS500 on a couple flights with no ill effects. I doubt the Iliad would be different.
My 500 had been on one trip and my wife's 500 has been on two trips. My 505 has been on one trip. Seen to be two trips in Feb.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #7
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
everyday for my work my iliad have to pass through X-rays( always have been passe the e-ink in off), and no problems for this.... another thing is the laws of security in the airports.
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
thicke
thicke began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Mine goes through the x-ray at airport security almost weekly. I've never had a problem. That being said, I have had security scrutinize it. In Orlando Florida they suggested to me I treat it like a computer and run it through by itself. Since then I haven't been told to do it again. So your mileage may vary.
thicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
My Iliad (and the Sony before it) went through x-ray on a pretty regular basis without any ill effects on the devices. It illicited many comments and questions however .
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I run mine through by itself, like a computer. Saves time. (Although I got searched on my last couple of flights anyway-- you don't want to switch flights at the last minute during "code orange" in the US, I guess.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote