Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #16
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Well, I can confirm that the last line cut off for sideloaded epubs is still present.

Unbelievable.

I wish I could go back to 1.9.9 I had zero problems with that version, but since 1.9.10 my Kobo Touch is unusable.
You can, if you want. Assuming you don't need Kobo encrypted books. (Since you won't be able to use the Kobo sync without getting updated.). It's probably just as easy to get calibre to format you sideloaded books with an 8pt bottom border.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #17
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Well, I can confirm that the last line cut off for sideloaded epubs is still present.

Unbelievable.

I wish I could go back to 1.9.9 I had zero problems with that version, but since 1.9.10 my Kobo Touch is unusable.

Very disappointed and frustrated.
Hi, can you please send me the Kobo eReader.conf file found in: .kobo/kobo/ on your device?

Also, can you please send me a copy of the epub you are reading if possible?

please send to shasan at kobo dot com

Sameer.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #18
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Unbelievable.
Very disappointed and frustrated.
That is disappointing. I've just updated and I'm hoping for quite a few improvements.
I had the Storage Error at 1.9.9 which has gone but with 1.9.10 I couldn't side load books at all either with Calibre or Windows Explorer. TBH I don't find the bottom line being cut off that bad when the alternative is no book at all!

I was almost ready to try a factory reset when the update came through. My fingers are well and truly crossed.

EDIT: The update didn't fix my issues but a factory reset did. Now I can sideload through Windows Explorer and the bottom line is there!
The update as a few improvements - I'm really enjoying the percentage indicator on many of the processing steps. While waiting for my books to "process" it was nice to be able to see that something was happening. That little whirly thing just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by HarleyB; 09-27-2011 at 02:34 AM.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #19
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:

All the books I've tested are now free of this bug... Are you sure your kobo is actually updated? Or maybe there is just somehing wonky with the epub you are testing, over and above the 1.9.10 bug.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #20
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi, can you please send me the Kobo eReader.conf file found in: .kobo/kobo/ on your device?

Also, can you please send me a copy of the epub you are reading if possible?

please send to shasan at kobo dot com

Sameer.
I have sent the .conf file and troublesome ebook to you Sameer. Hope we can find the problem.

Thanks!

Last edited by Donnageddon; 09-27-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #21
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
All the books I've tested are now free of this bug... Are you sure your kobo is actually updated? Or maybe there is just somehing wonky with the epub you are testing, over and above the 1.9.10 bug.
Always a possibility. I hope it is just a funky file, but it displays fine on my Sony 650.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #22
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Bottom line cut offs are gone for me too. All I need now are collections and the KT will be the perfect e-reader.
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #23
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canorka View Post
Bottom line cut offs are gone for me too. All I need now are collections and the KT will be the perfect e-reader.
Agreed!
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #24
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I have downloaded and updated to 1.9.11
I can confirm the text cut off at the bottom bug is gone for me.

If this proves to be a nice stable update, I'll probably hold off from updates until they're been out for a few weeks to iron our any potential issues.

Thanks Kobo for sorting it out
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #25
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Is there a full list of fixes, updates and additions somewhere?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #26
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Very sweet update! The search in book feature is excellent for the epub reference books I have.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #27
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I upgraded and so far I am really happy! Searching within an open book has long been on my personal wish list and I like it a lot.

Thank you for your attention to detail and for really working with your customer base!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #28
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
One question: How do I delete searches I'm "done" with?
I searched within "Anne of Green Gables" for the word "carrots", now it seems to be available as a search forever. (which is good for terms I want to keep)
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Oops, I don't know how to delete the extra post that the server seemed to think was necessary
Easiest (or maybe ONLY) way is to click the little icon to report the post to the moderators, and ask them to drop it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #30
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
The cut off line at the bottom is gone and the progress read in library is a great little addition. Plus there's searching! Much happier as of yesterday.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote