Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Art3mis
Art3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Touch
Putting Kobo Books onto Calibre.

Sorry for the probably obvious newbie question, but this really has me stumped! I already know how to get Kindle books onto Calibre, but I have a few books I've purchased from Kobo that I'd like to get onto Calibre as well, as I'm going to be replacing my Kobo with another ereader within the next week.

I've tried going into the Kobo Desktop's system files and looking for the books in there to drag them into Calibre, but I can't find them anywhere - and now I'm stumped. I did search the forum to try to find the answer, but I didn't get any relevant threads in the search results.
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You'd want to disregard the ones from the Kobo Desktop and download the ePub version (or PDF if that's all they offer) of each book from the Kobo website (there will be a blue "button" next to each book in your library you click to download). To download any books that are DRM'd you'll need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Art3mis
Art3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfoldedArt3mis reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You'd want to disregard the ones from the Kobo Desktop and download the ePub version (or PDF if that's all they offer) of each book from the Kobo website (there will be a blue "button" next to each book in your library you click to download). To download any books that are DRM'd you'll need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Thank you. I didn't know that ADE was a required part - everything's working as expected now!
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote