Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Yeah, but Kindles are also running Java program permanently (which is, obviously, hungry to memory and CPU resources ). Did you have the same experience on your old desktop box?
well cvm.

the Castrati of the Java world

cvm -stop DAMMIT.

hehehe I made myself laugh

Last edited by twobob; 04-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #77
Carcara
Carcara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello guys, Im really new here. Got my Kindle PW 2 days ago and need some help

I installed KUAL but missed the option to automatically open the PDF in the KOReader...so I also installed kpvbooklet. So here go my questions:

1- I read that there was a problem to close the KOReader with KUAL but it was solved in a later version. And what about this problem with kpvbooklet? When I hit "home" in KOReader via KUAL, it goes to File Manager and I close it. But when a hit "home" in KOReader via kpvbooklet it freezes I did something wrong?

2- I did the jailbrake exclusive because of KOReader. I really need KUAL? Or kpvbooklet is more right for me since I dont want other apps? What the real difference between KUAL and kpvbooklet?

3- I will need to open PDF in native reader sometimes. I saw that it is possible with long press in the file. But I noticed that the pdf that I open in native reader will not be in the same page that the pdf I open in the KOReader. Is there a way to correct this?

Sorry for my english and really thanks in advance!
Carcara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #78
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Little (x) top right tiny thing.

I dunno about the booklet thingy. Works that way via kual
Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #79
Carcara
Carcara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
TY for the answer. You're talking about the [X] in the File Manager correct? this one shows only when you use KUAL. When you use kpvbooklet there isn't a File Manager since you open the file direct from tha main home. So, there isn't such [X] on the KOReader app itself.

I ll take the oportunity to add 2 more question from the previows one :P

4- I can't see the progress of the PDF in the botton of the file on the main home. Is there a way to correct this?

5- Is it possible to change pages keeping the same zoom/crop/etc from the previous page? To make it clear: I don't want to ever see the brake of the page in the documet. I only found it possible by extending the zoom and than zoom to fit content on every single page.
Carcara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #80
twobob

Ah right,
I dunno about the booklet thingy mate, sorry.

Not used koreader much yet TBH too busy with testing other things.
But no doubt one of the others can wade in with helpful answers on your other points.
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #81
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Thanks twobob

Just wanted to announce that our gettext integration is working right now:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/koreader/

Thomass has added Turkish translation to koreader. We also have Chinese translation. If you would like to help adding more tranlations, feel free to send a request in transifex so we can add you as coordinator
Hello, I would like to give you a hand for localization in Italian but I know nothing of "Lua". If you tell me how I try (quiet, I'll help from an English teacher not by google ).
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #82
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
Hello, I would like to give you a hand for localization in Italian but I know nothing of "Lua". If you tell me how I try (quiet, I'll help from an English teacher not by google ).
You don't need to know anything related with coding.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #83
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Ok. I'll try. Thank you.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #84
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
The letters with an accent mark (like "à" or "ã") are shown as "?" in epubs, mobis and rtfs (pdfs are ok, even with reflow). Is this my fault or limitation of KOReader?
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
The letters with an accent mark (like "à" or "ã") are shown as "?" in epubs, mobis and rtfs (pdfs are ok, even with reflow). Is this my fault or limitation of KOReader?
probably the fault of the font file in use.
which you did not mention.
(pdfs often have fonts embedded in them, you might want to check for that in the documents that display correctly)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #86
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I've just signed up for the french team on Transifex. Maybe I can be of some help here. Same username.....
Cheers
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #87
Aj74
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
probably the fault of the font file in use.
which you did not mention.
(pdfs often have fonts embedded in them, you might want to check for that in the documents that display correctly)
I confirm, you can simply change the font koreader to solve.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #88
Aj74
Enthusiast

I've just signed up for the italian team on Transifex. Nickname Automaticjack.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #89
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Great! I completed the german translation today and I must say that I'm quite impressed with the transifex UI.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #90
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Great! I completed the german translation today and I must say that I'm quite impressed with the transifex UI.
+1 it makes translation fun

Kudo to all the translators, KOReader supports 8 languages now!
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch