Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
Highlighting

Did anybody ever develop a highlighting feature for the PRS-500 using the joystick?
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
No to my knowledge,
but it would be interesting if it can be done, escezially with the forthcoming virtual keyboard in PRS+ (ok for the PRS-505, but maybe some day ported to the 500 by a kind soul) and the chance to use/activate the FSK-clipboard copy'n paste feature.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
And this code snipped taken form PRS 600 kbook.so let me hope that this can be done.
Code:
	this.Fskin.kbookKeyboard.keyboard.addLetter = function (obj, text, code) {
		var event, words, container, wlen, strExisted, candidate, idx;
		if (this.field) {
			event = new <global>.Event(2048);
			if (!code) {
				code = text.charCodeAt(0);
			}
			if (this.numberOnly) {
				words = this.field.getValue();
				if (words && words == '0') {
					if (code == 48) {
						return;
					}
					if (48 + 1 <= code && code <= 48 + 9) {
						event.key = '';
						event.keyCode = 8;
						this.field.keyDown(event);
					}
				}
			}
			event.key = text;
			event.keyCode = code;
			this.field.keyDown(event);
			container = this.container;
			if ('sandbox' in container && 'updatePageNo' in container.sandbox) {
				container.sandbox.updatePageNo();
			}
			words = this.field.getValue();
			if (this.numberOnly) {
				wlen = (words)?words.length:0;
				strExisted = (wlen > 0)?true:false;
				this.updateBtn(strExisted, this.strModified, false);
			}
			else {
				candidate = this.candidate;
				if (candidate) {
					idx = this.field.getSelectionOffset();
					candidate.makeCandidate(words, idx);
				}
			}
		}
	};

Last edited by Mark Nord; 08-15-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
Thanks! Highlighting would make the 500 incredible. I just sold mine (I needed the money to cover my recent 600 purchase because I really needed the highlighting and dictionary features before the semester starts). If the 500 could handle highlighting, I'd probably pick one up as a spare in the future. I miss my 500 already!
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Mark, I think the code you've posted works with TextEdit control. Books are rendered by corresponding "book viewer" directly to a bitmap instance. On the bright side, there is still a way to ask viewer "give me text from this page" (used in bookmarks) so maybe selection could still be emulated. Also, links are rendered by javascript on top of the page drawn by the viewer.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert