Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
(solved)Anyone still have ade authorization problems after 2.4.0 firmware?

Hi,
I am really frustrated. I have to reauthorize my glo every time I get books from the library. I followed several threads showing several different remedies to this problem..all are only temporary fixes for me. I upgraded the firmware this morning to the new 2.4.0 and then downloaded a book from the library only to experience the Ade authorization issue yet again. It would not be so bad but....I have to reauthorize my glo three or more times before it actually opens the book. It takes me approx thirty minutes to get a library title properly installed. I get most of my books from the library so this is really killing my joy. I have reauthorized via Ade and also deleted the adobe.digital.editions folder on the glo itself...it never works permanently. Anything else to try?

Thanks,
Penny

Last edited by mystika1; 03-19-2013 at 09:36 AM.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I don't have an answer, but I wondered what version of ADE people were using, and if there is a connection between ADE version and the problems?

I use an old version 1.7.2 of ADE (The only version I can get to work in Linux) and had no problems before or after upgrade to firmware 2.4.0.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
do you have expired books on your kobo?

I had problems related to keeping expired books on my kobo (like if one time-based DRM was expired it "infected" all other DRM books), but if I delete them before adding a new book, I haven't had the problem occur.

If you don't "return" or delete your old books before adding new ones, I would definitely give that a try.
I get out lots of library books as well and that seems to have fixed it for me, though I never had to resort to reauthorizing ADE ...actually I'm not even sure of the many things what did the trick back when I was having the problem.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
Hi,
I am really frustrated. I have to reauthorize my glo every time I get books from the library. I followed several threads showing several different remedies to this problem..all are only temporary fixes for me.
This may be one of the threads you checked, but if not take a look...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206559

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
do you have expired books on your kobo?

I had problems related to keeping expired books on my kobo (like if one time-based DRM was expired it "infected" all other DRM books), but if I delete them before adding a new book, I haven't had the problem occur.

If you don't "return" or delete your old books before adding new ones, I would definitely give that a try.
I get out lots of library books as well and that seems to have fixed it for me, though I never had to resort to reauthorizing ADE ...actually I'm not even sure of the many things what did the trick back when I was having the problem.
Thank you! I would normally install new books then delete all of the expired ones. I now delete expired ones first...it solved the problem. Yay!
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
Thank you! I would normally install new books then delete all of the expired ones. I now delete expired ones first...it solved the problem. Yay!
You're welcome! I'm glad my advice worked!
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote