Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 03:15 AM   #301
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Here's another box set for 99 cents. This one by Harlequin author Kathryn Shay.

Quote:

USA TODAY bestselling author Kathryn Shay spent five years riding fire trucks with a large city fire department, eating in their firehouses and interviewing hundreds of America’s Bravest. Read the novellas that resulted from her intense relationship with firefighters!

“Shay’s powerful characters and emotional topics strike a chord with her readers and have earned her a well-deserved place among the top romance authors.” Waldenbooks Romantic Reader

The Rescue Squad in the Hidden Cove Fire Department deals with all kinds of emergencies: blazing fires, horrific car accidents and a myriad of medical calls. Like most firefighters, they also have complicated personal relationships due to the nature of their jobs. In AMERICA’S BRAVEST, each of the six novellas details both the love and work of one firefighter with overarching themes of arson, a blogger out to discredit them, and balancing their personal and professional lives.

In IN TOO DEEP, Captain Gabe Malvaso struggles with his attraction to Rachel Wellington, a firefighter on his squad. But when they’re trapped in a basement, thinking they’ll die, all bets are off.

HOT SHOT picks up with Paramedic Brody O’Malley, who’s happy with single life until a class reunion where he meets Emma Walsh, the only woman he ever loved. But because he broke her heart, she refuses to rekindle old flames.

WORTH THE RISK follows Ryan O’Malley, Brody’s twin cop brother, as he pursues prickly Lieutenant Felicia White, who’s always disliked his “playboy” persona. But when they are forced to work together on an arson case, sparks fly.

EL BOMBERO is the story of Firefighter Tony Ramirez and his beloved wife Sophia, sweethearts since high school, who run into the biggest challenge of their lives: Sophia can no longer tolerate the danger her husband is in every day.

In RESCUE ME, twenty-four-year-old Sydney Sands saves the life of local businessman Max Delinsky only to fall head over heels in love with him. But trouble comes in merging the discrepancy in their ages and Max’s difficulty with her past.

TRIAL BY FIRE tells the story of Battalion Chief Cal Erikson who has been fighting for two years with blogger Parker Allen about the fire department. Imagine his surprise when he finds himself attracted to the feisty journalist with deep scars from her past. The arson case is solved but not before both their lives are endangered.

In THE EPILOGUE, get a closer look at how all six couples live happily ever after!

Reader Praise for AMERICA’S BRAVEST

“I would recommend these books to anyone who loves romances.”

“I couldn't put these books down. I'm a firefighter in Tennessee; some of this hit home to me. Thank you for a great series.”

“I'm a firefighter at heart so I loved the fact that the story outside of the romance was so researched and the author was very knowledgeable. The stories make the romance even better!!! I couldn't wait to read the next one I could find from Ms. Shay!”
Show less
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 AM   #302
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
And, let's continue to add to that pile. This book is rated very high and sounds fun, just came on sale $.99 Frenched by Melanie Harlow
You're just evil.... click click
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #303
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I totally agree.

And, let's continue to add to that pile. This book is rated very high and sounds fun, just came on sale $.99 Frenched by Melanie Harlow

One review says it nothing but sex with very little story. So keep that in mind it's erotica not romance.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #304
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
The Immortal Witch Series by Maggie Shayne is 99 cents on Amazon. It's all 3 books in the series. Book 1, Eternity, was free at some point so you may already have that one.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #305
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Ack! No! I'm not a fan and this Blossom was around before they were.

It's a nickname hubby gave me when were first married. He said I was like a blossom ready to bloom. When I played Sims I actually has my sim self named Blossom, Hubby was Bud and our sim kids, Bloom, Lily and Stem.
lol...i get it, but at least she was the tough one..cute story though

Quote:

I was sick all yesterday so I layed around doing nothing I am stuck on level 70 of Candy Crush for a week now and about ready to just quit. It's the worst level ever! I haven't done much reading at all. It seems the Target hacking fiasco is still hitting us. Someone how there is a freeze on hubby's credit reports with two of the bureaus. Which means we can't see his report or scores and either can any potential employer or landlord. To make matters worse this all can only be fixed via snail mail and make take over a month! We suppose to be out by end of the month. We don't know what to do.
Sorry this is STILL straining things, something good will happen soon :hug:
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #306
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Today's ARe series showcase title (4/17-4/18) is Make Mine a Cowboy by Sandy Sullivan, book one in the Cowboy Dreamin' series.

This will likely be my last update on the ARe promotion (which ends 4/21-4/22) as I'll be mostly out of touch starting tomorrow.
I hope you have a great trip!

Blossom, hope things start getting better for you and Hub soon.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #307
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
This is actually easy to fix using Edit book. You just search for the title of the book, find it then preview it, mark above the title and click split html button then rinse and repeat and I would do a save copy then saving the actually original though. Once it's split up like that then you can use epub split to split it into separate books.
I feel like I am looking at stuff written in russian. I find the edit book thingy, now you said to first mark where I want something to be and then hit the split button. But when I hover on that button it says to click the button first and then click in the preview where I want the first book to start. But now I don't know what to do. I clicked the button, then clicked the title of the book in the preview and now there is a yellow line and the curser is blinking on the left. Do I have to save this step somewhere or do I just now search for book #2 and do it again. I can't figure that out.

I am thinking this is still all way over my head. I have no clue what I am looking at. I don't know anything about html or any of those things.

If I now go and search for the next book title, will that first yellow bar stay? And when I am done, where do I click. I can't even find a save button. It took me like an hour to find the split button. So many buttons
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #308
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ack, Atunah, I wish I could help, unfortunately you know I'm in the same boat with you!

BTW, how do you fix a book that comes double-spaced?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #309
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Ack, Atunah, I wish I could help, unfortunately you know I'm in the same boat with you!

BTW, how do you fix a book that comes double-spaced?
That's ok, just glad I am not alone. I did the azw and it still showed just one file in the split, now I am doing the epub. If that doesn't work, I'll just leave it alone. I just don't have the patience for this stuff. Solution is probably to stay away from boxed sets for me. Especially with so many books in them. I think I can handle 3 in a set on my kindle, anything more and its just too much.

eta: I think I have the books. I have no idea exactly what happened, but thanks to Blossom, again, somehow I figured out, um, something. I'll live without the chapters and I don't think I have the nerves trying to figure that one out.

I'll have to finish the splitting, but so far I think this worked.

Blossom
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #310
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Another Free Partay, that is open only until Noon Pacific Time today.

Correction: Two of the four are free only until Noon PT, the other two are free all day.

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 04-18-2014 at 10:56 AM.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #311
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Sandcastle Kisses by Krista Lake is free right now at Amazon

Quote:
When Isabel Baker agreed to moonlight as a bartender at a private party, she never imagined she'd get anything more than tips. However, on this resort island, nothing was ever that simple.

After tending bar with the deliciously handsome Noah who was flown in for the party, Izzy realized that she was about to break her number one rule: never fall for a tourist. But with his quick wit, charming smile and passion for marine life, Noah was the kind of guy that she couldn’t resist. At the end of the night, she barely managed to turn him away from coming home with her.

Noah had only come to the island for one of Jack Saunders' famous parties. Yet once he met Izzy, he couldn’t bring himself to leave. After one steamy night together, he knew that he would do almost anything to keep her.

Theirs should have been an easy love story, complete with a happily ever after. Except Noah was also moonlighting as a bartender that night and his true identity threatened Izzy’s research. When his billion-dollar company and her marine research project collide, their entire relationship crumbles into the sand. Will they be able to rebuild their beautiful sandcastle together, or will it be washed away by the rising tide, forever just a memory?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #312
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
May all my friend's enjoy this Easter! Here is to looking forward to Spring!!

On a book related topic, has anyone read the YA book "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman?? I really loved it! I will warn people that you need tissue close at hand. I just found out that it has been made into a movie. just watched the trailer on the RT Booklovers blog. It looks good.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #313
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
May all my friend's enjoy this Easter! Here is to looking forward to Spring!!

On a book related topic, has anyone read the YA book "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman?? I really loved it! I will warn people that you need tissue close at hand. I just found out that it has been made into a movie. just watched the trailer on the RT Booklovers blog. It looks good.

Auntykatkat
Haven't read it, but just added it to my wishlist, thanks for the recommendation too.
Out of curiosity did you read any other of hers, and is there a book 2 as well?

and yes, Happy Easter to everyone, hope springs shows up soon!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #314
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Haven't read it, but just added it to my wishlist, thanks for the recommendation too.
Out of curiosity did you read any other of hers, and is there a book 2 as well?

and yes, Happy Easter to everyone, hope springs shows up soon!
Yes I did read the second book: "Where I Went" and it takes them to adulthood. It was very well done in my opinion. I have Sisters in Sanity in my TBR pile. Have the others in my wishlist.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #315
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
The Pride of the Peacock by Victoria Holt is $2.99 right now. One that my library didn't have in ebook so I gladly bought it!

I enjoyed If I stay a lot! Very touching and romantic. I didn't like the narrator's voice in the sequel as well but I may give it another try sometime.
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote