Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Pre-Order Sony PSR 600 from Waterstones

Well, firstly I must admit that I am surprised that this is being released so quickly in the UK.

The bonus points and free Dan Brown book are also fairly nice bonuses with the pre-order. The only down side is the actual cost of the hardware... £250!!!

Now outside of all this, the one thing that really intrigues me is the free Dan Brown book offer for pre-orders.

This is the 'disclaimer'
Quote:
* While eReader stocks last. Offer subject to availability. One Dan Brown eBook gift card available per eReader purchased in one transaction. Gift card only supplied at time of transaction. Gift card has a value of £9.50 which is redeemable against the eBook edition of The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown until 15.10.09. After this date the price of The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown may change and exceed the £9.50 value. Any additional balance is payable by the customer. See gift card carrier, ask in-store or visit Waterstones.com/gift card for full gift card usage terms and conditions.
This would basically make out that the e-book will be available for Half Price on 15.10.09 (which is what I am interested in!). Would this be a first for Waterstones selling the E-book for the same as the Physical Book? Even if only for a day (although potentially longer!)

I'm not holding my breath!
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote