Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Arunachala
Arunachala began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre pdf conversion help

HI:
I am converting many pdf files into epub and Mobi formats. I started with Mobicreator to first convert pdf into html and then ran calibre. I find that calibre automatically produces epub files. I need help on how to change the output format to Mobi or something else. I apologize if this question has already been answered. I am very new to the forum.
Arunachala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunachala View Post
HI:
I am converting many pdf files into epub and Mobi formats. I started with Mobicreator to first convert pdf into html and then ran calibre. I find that calibre automatically produces epub files. I need help on how to change the output format to Mobi or something else. I apologize if this question has already been answered. I am very new to the forum.
Doesn't Mobi Creator errr... create Mobi Files?

Preferences: Behavior: has the box for setting the Preferred output format.

Note: If your K4 is attached and you click Send to Device and None of the enabled formats (in the Device driver) exist, Calibre will offer to convert (using the formats default preference settings ) the book. The sent conversion is also saved in the Library.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Arunachala
Arunachala began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks. I was following the prescription to first convert the pdf into html using Mobi creator and then use Calibre to get around line breaks, footnotes etc. Is it safe to directly convert pdf to Mobi using Mobi converter?
Arunachala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunachala View Post
Thanks. I was following the prescription to first convert the pdf into html using Mobi creator and then use Calibre to get around line breaks, footnotes etc. Is it safe to directly convert pdf to Mobi using Mobi converter?

I don't use Mobi creator
If you are making changes to the EPUB/HTML in Calibre, you must NOW use that copy as the master whether Calibre or MC converts the file to Mobi.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, mobi, pdf