Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #16
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sorry, I was out. I see you found the answer but I'll tell you what I did anyway. I opened the plugin with Idle and searched for "prc". I changed that line from this:

Code:
file_types          = set(['prc']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied to
to this:

Code:
file_types          = set(['azw', 'prc', 'mobi']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied
Now I don't have to change the file extension.
I wonder what will happen if you add a file with say a mobi extension that is not DRM'd and it tries to apply the script...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Well, the file type was already set to 'prc', 'azw', 'mobi'. I changed the order, but got the same result. To doublecheck, I changed the azw to mobi, and it worked fine.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #18
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
I found a typo in the script I downloaded (v0.07), in the line below:
Code:
file_types          = set(['prc','mobi','awz']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied to
I changed 'awz' to 'azw' and then it worked just fine

Last edited by kilikini; 12-25-2009 at 08:37 AM.
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilikini View Post
I found a typo in the script I downloaded, in the line below:
Code:
file_types          = set(['awz', 'prc', 'mobi']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied
Hmm, I didn't have that in mine at all.

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-25-2009 at 07:44 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #20
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
It doesn't seem to work when a book with the same title is already present in the calibre library. It works for me on books with new titles only.

Also, is there a way to import both a DRMd and a non-DRMd version of the same book?

Thanks.

Please ignore second point, I've thought of a way to do it (I'm a bit slow...).

Last edited by GJN; 12-25-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Correction
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
It doesn't seem to work when a book with the same title is already present in the calibre library. It works for me on books with new titles only.

Also, is there a way to import both a DRMd and a non-DRMd version of the same book?

Thanks.
The script only runs when you add the book so if the book was there to already then it will not work. I wonder of there is a way to make it work both ways
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilikini View Post
I found a typo in the script I downloaded (v0.07), in the line below:
Code:
file_types          = set(['prc','mobi','awz']) # The file types that this plugin will be applied to
That was it!! Thank you kilikini and daffy. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Here is your mission, if you choose to accept it. I would like to add the other 2 (pdf and epub) as Calibre plug ins. I guess I could try and copy some script from mobidedrm and add it to these, but I imagine there is more involved. Can anyone help, or direct me to somewhere where I can learn to help myself?

Give her an inch . . .
Old 01-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
So far, mine hasn't worked....I have been adding books to calibre; I started fresh, so none of the books are already added. When I try to convert them mobi-to-mobi it says that they are DRMed and can't be converted. Is there a difference between 'adding' a book and 'importing' it? The plugin is visible, it is green (which I presume to be enabled), the file_types seem to be correct but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there another step besides selecting the zipped plugin file and clicking 'add'?
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #25
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by momghoti View Post
So far, mine hasn't worked....I have been adding books to calibre; I started fresh, so none of the books are already added. When I try to convert them mobi-to-mobi it says that they are DRMed and can't be converted. Is there a difference between 'adding' a book and 'importing' it? The plugin is visible, it is green (which I presume to be enabled), the file_types seem to be correct but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there another step besides selecting the zipped plugin file and clicking 'add'?
Did you customize it with a PID?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #26
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Yep. Actually, it's more confusing than that--I have since tried a few more books that I know were DRMed and they could be converted just fine. Apparently, it doesn't work on books that it can't pull the metadata for. When I add certain books, calibre says it can't access the metadata for them. So, I hit 'edit metadata', had calibre download it and thought I was good to go. So far, one book won't even let calibre display it--it says DRMed book and the view screen is blank. I get 99% of my ebooks from Fictionwise, if that helps. Any ideas?
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote