Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #31
Lynxai
Enthusiast
Lynxai began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
- Possibilité d’afficher les livres groupés par série (utile pour les séries regroupant beaucoup de livres comme les bandes dessinées)

Wow, this is incredible.

Edit: This is a great jump forward for comics. A question: How can I format the text that appears above every comic (size, color..)?

Last edited by Lynxai; 04-18-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Lynxai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 AM   #32
sbdomo
Enthusiast
sbdomo began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxai View Post
A question: How can I format the text that appears above every comic (size, color..)?
There is no parameter in My Readings for that but you can put css in index.html to do that.
you can look at the css style which are use with the console of google chrome for example.
the ipad style are not in index.html because it's the default css but the css for iphone and gtab are in that file. If you use gtab profil, you can edit css directly in that file. If you use ipad profil, you must add the css to "overide" default style.

If you know exactly what you want to do, I could try it and a solution could be to add a profil in My Readings with all css in index.html (like iphone, gtab...). Then the user could change these css (color, size...).
sbdomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #33
CHBMB
CHBMB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
This looks interesting, I've installed COPS on my WHS 2011, may give this a try. Are you able to email the books from the web interface directly to a Kindle email address as that functionality is really useful for me. Thanks for all the hard work though!
CHBMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #34
sbdomo
Enthusiast

No, e-mails are not managed. My purpose was not to replace COPS but to have a friendlier interface on tablet and smartphone.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:38 AM   #35
Lynxai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdomo View Post
If you know exactly what you want to do, I could try it and a solution could be to add a profil in My Readings with all css in index.html (like iphone, gtab...). Then the user could change these css (color, size...).
That would be a great feature. I´d like some minor changes (maybe 1 point size more on Series and Tags.

And what about you can add on MyReading visualization some calibre custom colums like Story Arc or Format, it´s difficult to order with only Series and Tags, you always need to specify at least two more column: Format (main series, limited series, annual, crossover, etc) and Story Arc (the Marvel "Civil War", for example, it´s not a Series, it´s a Story Arc).

By the way, the new bookmarks are wonderful.

Edit: Ah! Almost forget, I dont really like the way you mark a book as read, that light orange is tiny and I barely can see it (maybe a book with some more "pages", more depth). Sorry, maybe I´m a little paranoic.

Edit2: Another tiny "problem", when you group by series MyReadings shows the cover of the last book or issue in a series as principal, not the first.

Last edited by Lynxai; 04-21-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #36
sbdomo
Enthusiast

Hello,

Quote:
Edit2: Another tiny "problem", when you group by series MyReadings shows the cover of the last book or issue in a series as principal, not the first.
The cover shown is just one of the series. It's because it's the books alone and group of series which are order according to the criterion indicated in My Readings. I didn't find a rule for the groups: The first of the series, the last updated ?... To choose one of cover could slow down the procedure while I did not find a rule more justified than an other one.
On the other hand, in the next version there will be a new rule for these groups: if there is a book which is reading, the bookmark will be shown on the group. Groups will be indicated as read if all the books of the group are read.

Quote:
I dont really like the way you mark a book as read, that light orange is tiny and I barely can see it (maybe a book with some more "pages", more depth).
You can change the "orange" in the image: /resources/images/bg_bookr.png
I could add an image on the book when it's read as I do for the bookmarks but I did'nt find how to symbolize that.
If you have an idea...
Old 04-26-2014, 05:34 AM   #37
Lynxai
Enthusiast

Quote:
I didn't find a rule for the groups: The first of the series, the last updated ?... To choose one of cover could slow down the procedure while I did not find a rule more justified than an other one.
Ok, I´d like MyReadings shows the first on the series, but it´s only my opinion. It really doesn´t matter, actually.

Quote:
You can change the "orange" in the image: /resources/images/bg_bookr.png
Great!, I´m going to photoshop that.

Quote:
I could add an image on the book when it's read as I do for the bookmarks but I did'nt find how to symbolize that.
If you have an idea...
https://app.box.com/s/6yt2yut6u15tfp5gob1c
Just use the images you already got, change color, etc. Just an idea.

And what about show custom columns? It would be a great addition. Something like this:

https://app.box.com/s/ev5ut2p0i6wspbu6h2yf

The Calibre server shows "Arco Argumental" (Story Arc) and "Formato" (Format). Both are needed to a correct organization.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #38
sbdomo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Just use the images you already got, change color, etc. Just an idea.
OK for your idea. I wil add that.

Quote:
And what about show custom columns? It would be a great addition. Something like this:

https://app.box.com/s/ev5ut2p0i6wspbu6h2yf

The Calibre server shows "Arco Argumental" (Story Arc) and "Formato" (Format). Both are needed to a correct organization.
Custom columns are rather painful to manage: it is necessary to fetch the id of each to know the name of the table creates and there are several used tables which depend on the type of the custom column.
For bookmark, I use the "integer" type who is the simplest and I fetch the id during the first opening of the database to not have to make it every time...

I can intend to add the management of one or two custom columns in the descriptive panel of a book as in your image (what will be less binding than to have to get them in the global list of books.
It would be necessary to limit it to one or two types. Which one?
Old 04-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #39
Lynxai
Enthusiast

Quote:
I can intend to add the management of one or two custom columns in the descriptive panel of a book as in your image (what will be less binding than to have to get them in the global list of books.
It would be necessary to limit it to one or two types. Which one?
Sorry, I don´t know what type is easier for you to code. Right now I´m working with "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values" for Format and "Text column for keeping series-like information" for Story Arc.

Have you a paypal account for donations? I´d pay for that.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #40
sbdomo
Enthusiast

Hello Lynxai.
There is a new version on github with custom columns in the descriptive panel.
Could you test it ?

The github version is only a dev. version (that version is slower). If all is good, I will do a production version...
Old 05-03-2014, 01:37 AM   #41
Lynxai
Enthusiast

Something wrong. I get the message: "Error: No Base"
I´ve just send my server address by private message.

Edit: The error is only on wood theme, it works on normal ipad theme. I can see my customs columns in detail view!! Thank you!

Last edited by Lynxai; 05-03-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #42
sbdomo
Enthusiast

Hello,
I try your url and it's fine with wood theme. I think it was a problem of cache.

I found a little bug in spanish translation: on the button for viewer you have "undefined cbz" and you would have "Leer cbz".
I will correct that...
Old 05-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #43
Lynxai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hello,
I try your url and it's fine with wood theme. I think it was a problem of cache.

I found a little bug in spanish translation: on the button for viewer you have "undefined cbz" and you would have "Leer cbz".
I will correct that...
Yeah, it´s working fine right now with all themes. Thank you for the correction in spanish translation. And again, the customs columns are impressive.

What´s next?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #44
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I have just installed Myreading on Synology 411j (thank you google translate)... What a great contribution! It looks awesome on ipad! Much better than cops, and online reader included! Maybe it´s time to move my comics from Comicrack to Calibre... Congratulations.

Only one comment: can you add more ways of searching? By author, letter by letter A-B-C-D.... etc. I have many books and it´s getting a little messy.
Could you help with setting up Calibre on Synology? Are you using it as a drive or their cloud app, etc?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #45
sbdomo
Enthusiast

Hello,
Version 0.4 is available...
(with custom columns and other things...)