Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #811
webx
webx began at the beginning.

Device: M92(white)Canada
Has anyone else noticed the boot up time is much longer than previous FW??
webx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #812
ronin101
ronin101 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can't compare since I just got mine but it's as slow as the only other reader I ever got a Sony PRS 500 ... I'll probably keep the m92 as there isn't a lot of choice regarding 9 inch readers but I already feel this is not a really good device.
ronin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #813
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Automated script to write file names of PDFs into the PDF title metadata

Dear all,

on my Onyx Boox M92 (from ArtaTech) I have the problem that PDFs are always displayed in the file manager with the PDF title instead of the file name. Often the PDF title is absolutely useless, such as "Untitled.doc" whereas the file name is easy to change and is for my files Author-Year_Title.pdf.

On my device there is no option to enable the file name view like some here have reported (I don't know why, because the firmware is 2012-07-25).

To solve the issue, I wrote a small script for Linux which writes the file name directly into the PDF title metadata (for all files in a selected folder). I assume that it might be helpful for some of you.

You can download it from here (the last entry):
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_software_list
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #814
lichunter
lichunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi...
In some web pages (like gmail.com, amazon.com) it is not possible to enter an email address, so is impossible to login. (Firmware 1.7.20120726)
Can you do it? Tell me how...

Thank you...
lichunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #815
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichunter View Post
Hi...
In some web pages (like gmail.com, amazon.com) it is not possible to enter an email address, so is impossible to login. (Firmware 1.7.20120726)
Can you do it? Tell me how...

Thank you...
The web browser is not very stable and can't open some (many?) pages ...so I guess there's nothing we can do at this time. I recall Booxtor saying Onyx were working on improving the browser but I wouldn't get my hopes very high.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #816
bartp5
bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
The web browser is not very stable and can't open some (many?) pages ...so I guess there's nothing we can do at this time. I recall Booxtor saying Onyx were working on improving the browser but I wouldn't get my hopes very high.
Very stable it may not be but logging into gmail is no problem for me (writing an e-mail is another thing, you are limited to sending literal one-liners).

@lichunter: Why can't you enter an e-mail adress, does the on screen keyboard not come up when you click the username input?

Last edited by bartp5; 09-25-2012 at 04:15 AM.
bartp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #817
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
I have a similar problem. Going to mail.uni-bonn.de, it is impossible to enter the password, the virtual keyboard puts all input only into the username line, no matter where I put the focus and the cursor before. Quite annoying!
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #818
ronin101

"On my device there is no option to enable the file name view like some here have reported (I don't know why, because the firmware is 2012-07-25). "

Same problem here and same solution except I'm on OSX and I used the Automator to do that
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #819
lichunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp5 View Post
Very stable it may not be but logging into gmail is no problem for me (writing an e-mail is another thing, you are limited to sending literal one-liners).

@lichunter: Why can't you enter an e-mail adress, does the on screen keyboard not come up when you click the username input?
Hi Bartp5... Yes, this is exactly my problem... The keyboard only appear when I click on password input, but not on username input... How do you do it?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #820
bartp5
bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.bartp5 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Hi Bartp5... Yes, this is exactly my problem... The keyboard only appear when I click on password input, but not on username input... How do you do it?
You are right! This is a new bug because in the past it worked. As it used to work the username was filled in automatically so I did not notice it.

Convenient it is not but a workaround would be to edit the file "/root/Settings/Onyx/Web Browser.conf"
In the "[AutoComplete]" section the settings for gmail should look like this (at least that is how it looks in my device):
Code:
[AutoComplete]
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\Email=<xxx>@gmail.com
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\Passwd=
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\f=1
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\form_first_control=f
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\form_index_number=0
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\form_password_control=passwd
https%253A%252F%252Faccounts.google.com%252FServiceLogin\form_username_control=
Where <xxx> should be your username.

Last edited by bartp5; 09-26-2012 at 08:48 AM.
bartp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #821
lichunter

Damm it...!!! I should have bought the "Black Pearl" Edition from onyx-boox.com and not the standard from ereader-store.de

The ereader-store.de's firmware is very buggy...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #822
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Damm it...!!! I should have bought the "Black Pearl" Edition from onyx-boox.com and not the standard from ereader-store.de

The ereader-store.de's firmware is very buggy...
Judging by what people say on Polish forum, Artatech's firmware is equally buggy. (In fact, it is the same firmware )
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #823
ronin101

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Judging by what people say on Polish forum, Artatech's firmware is equally buggy. (In fact, it is the same firmware )
Is it really because on Onyx site there is different firmware for different version. That would explain why there is no "metadata on/off" switch on my white m92
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #824
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice13 View Post
Hi Gerry,
The new M92 "Black Pearl" Edition firmware release with document name/metadata title set up option and google drive cloud storage will be released on 01.10.2012 on onyx-boox.com.
The switch for name/metadata title exist on the "black" (or white) version of ereader-store.de, for the firmware : 1.7 (1.7.20120726).
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #825
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin101 View Post
Is it really because on Onyx site there is different firmware for different version. That would explain why there is no "metadata on/off" switch on my white m92
The Onyx site (China) give firmware for specific models. The models from ereader-store.de (or onyx-boox.com - poland -, I suppose) are the international version. Booxtore (ereader-store.de) said to don't download firmware from Onyx for this reason.

Try to update your firmware.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote