Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
DP812
DP812 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Latest Calibre for Mac crashing on launch

Hi,

I opened Calibre today and was told there was a new update. I downloaded and installed it, but now whenever I try to launch Calibre, it crashes immediately. I've tried re-downloading and re-installing but still have the same result.

Any ideas how to fix this or where I can download an older version?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to be working now. I deleted Calibre from my system and then the new installation worked just fine.

Last edited by DP812; 02-01-2016 at 05:52 PM.
DP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
In the future it would be good to note which OS you are running etc.
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouton View Post
In the future it would be good to note which OS you are running etc.
MAC is in the Title

But I do agree, that having the OS release level might prove even more useful
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
And posting a debug log would be even more helpful.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #5
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
MAC is in the Title

But I do agree, that having the OS release level might prove even more useful

Yes I meant which mac OS. He could be running Mavericks, Yosemite or El Capitan etc. each comes with it's own potential problems.

I run my calibre server on a hackintosh.
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert